Title of the document

Another Cutting Board

Kev

Before I get going on the bed, I really needed to reduce some of the scrap so, another cutting board was in order.  This is actually 3 cutting boards put together and then flipped to end grain for the "chaotic" look.

Salad Bowl Finish - Size is about 10" x 14"

IMG_1201.thumb.jpeg.143b57c0e9f775284308fb3af4730cc3.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coop said:

More so from trying to figure out how the design is done. 

These all start out as slightly less than 1" boards randomly put together.  When I get these small off cuts, I try to set them aside until there's enough to glue into a thin board.  When I get 3 of these thin boards, I glue flatten them and then glue them together.  From there, I set the TS fence to whatever the total thickness is and start cross cutting strips.  I then alternate them and try to randomize the pattern as best I can and glue it up.

They always come out looking cool and use up a bunch of scrap that would normally go on the fire.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I love the look! What a good way to make a gift without much expense. How many species of wood are in there?

Wow..  Gotta think about that one...lol

Wenge, Padauk, Bubinga, African Mahogany, Maple, White Oak, Walnut, and Red Gum if my memory serves me correctly...lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Coop said:

I think that a past member of WTOL from Cal said there was a program that will give numerous patterns for cutting boards. 

I remember Brendon talking about that but if I have to have a computer program help me make a cutting board I just going to spend the program money on a nice burn pit.🤯

• Haha 2

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus