Title of the document

Consolidation

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by RichardA

I had 5  wall cabinets with hand tools that pretty much get used on every project, and to get to a couple of them required stopping what I was doing and going to get the tool I needed.  So, I consolidated all the cabinets into one and it's within arms reach of my primary work bench.

.DSC01598.JPG

DSC01608.JPGDSC01736.JPG

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Follow up posts

1) I remember this build and enjoyed It very much! Super nice job!

2) I’m taking some pointers on this.

3) Me as well! With the new shop coming, I am once again considering a handbool cabinet.. Still just considering 

Exploring all my options! 

4)  After Coop came up here to Tennessee, and wandered through my shop, and of course helped out with the casket build. It didn't take him long to realize that things have an organized place to live. And I think he liked it. Knowing where everything is turns out to be a plus when your working a project. He's started a rumor that he's gonna give consolidation a try. I hope it works for him.

5) Richard, after seeing your new shop compared to your old one, it was an enlightening experience. That you could build a dresser , after physically seeing it, in the old shop, made me realize what a slob I’ve become/have been. I’ll never be there but will become a lot closer. Thanks my friend for the experience. I now put back a tool to it’s place, even if I will need it in the immediate future.

6) One of the times Kev was here working in my shop, I was constantly putting things away that he was going to still be using. He is not a slob in his work at all, it is just my natural habitual way of operating. We laughed a little about it but I kept doing it.  

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus