Newbie - What do I need?

7 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Good start, easy to read and comprehensive.  I would add SCMI (Mini Max) to Felder category.  I have an old emailed price list that can give a ballpark on price.

I assume their pricing is in a similar category?  List updated...

And I might add, if I may, that there should be no stigma if your current tool falls into the lower budget items. Kev’s list shows the DeWalt planer in that category and I, as well as many others own this machine and love it. 

Edited by Coop
6 minutes ago, Coop said:

And I might add that there should be no stigma if your current tool falls into the lower budget items. Kev’s list shows the DeWalt planer in that category and I, as well as many others own this machine and love it. 

Agreed..  It's related to budget.  So, when you actually consider planers, the Dewalt 735 is on the higher end of the lunchbox planers and a great machine but, it's not in the same price category as most of the larger floor standing models.

Just for everyone's ease, the list is now moved to this page...

image.png.16c982f3116ba3c35425353520c85c8a.png

• Like 1

I know this is primarily about the hardware, but I wonder if some sort of reference library should be added.  Specific information would be too burdensome, maybe just subject matter and/or authors. etc...

Just now, Bob said:

I know this is primarily about the hardware, but I wonder if some sort of reference library should be added.  Specific information would be too burdensome, maybe just subject matter and/or authors. etc...

I'm all for a reference library..  The hard part is maintaining it..  Definitely open to suggestions around creating and maintaining one in our reference section!

I'm going to try and add one or 2 tools to the list each day and then update the list here for discussion.  You guys are great at finding things that I missed or things that I goofed..  I only added Dust collection today.  This one is a bit tricky because it covers everything from a shop vac to the big set ups!

Anyway, pick it apart..

image.png.fe762b3397ab4b91d5a69c920189ddcc.png

Updated list!  I only did one item yesterday so, did 3 today.  Edit:  I don't like this smaller size!  I'll need to do some work to make the information appear correctly..

image.thumb.png.2cd3efbe767858eb71a07cbefec3bf6f.png

Under the low end Dust Collection you didn't list Broom & Dust Pan.?

• Haha 3

“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”  John Wooden

12 minutes ago, Coop said:

my wife’s puppy

Thats because the puppy knows you aren't the boss.

• Haha 3

“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”  John Wooden

Funny but true. Between the three of us, the puppy rules and that needs to be changed. All of my adult life, I’ve had labs and have trained them as pets and as retrievers. This damn Goldendoodle needs to be sent back to doggy heaven to be re-programmed. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Coop said:

Funny but true. Between the three of us, the puppy rules and that needs to be changed. All of my adult life, I’ve had labs and have trained them as pets and as retrievers. This damn Goldendoodle needs to be sent back to doggy heaven to be re-programmed. 

I can see it now, Coop will spend 4 hours 1 day training the dog, getting it to behave and in its place, he will sit down and have a beer, goes for a 2nd and in those 15 minutes, Coop’s wife will completely undo his hard work.?

• Haha 3