Title of the document

What would you do

Bob

I am making(trying to) a chess table.  The chess board is inset into the table with a 5/16 reveal.   I did everything I could to avoid chip out when cutting the rabbet on the board, but of course, on the last cut which was about 1/16th deep one corner chipped.  I don't have the missing piece. I think my choices are: Live with it, slightly chamfer the edge and try to hide it, remake the board.

Unfortunately, I am leaning towards remaking it, but walnut is extremely expensive and hard to find in 12/4.  Any other ideas?

DSC_0032.JPG.7a17d7528ccada7ac429b22054010a38.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG.681c35b2ae769fb71392e0f95aeb3e2c.JPG

Just tossing out an option...

Epoxy the corner using some yellow/brown transtint dye.

Another option would be to trim 1/16" off of each side and create a border around the entire piece.  Turn the flaw into a feature with some thin ebony or Padauk to look like you planned it..  Ebony is expensive so, maybe Wenge is a better option there...

Bob, that sucks! I’m sure the checker board itself is glued up but is the frame? I’m like Kev, be darned if I would redo, turn it into an accent. Very well done otherwise! 

Play strip checkers and no one will ever realize there is a prob! ?