Title of the document

Fun Times Ahead

Chet

We have needed a new garage door for a year or so, the one we have, we installed in the mid 80's.  We got a few bids and yesterday I went ahead and got the deal under way.  We went with one of the higher bids just because everything about them seem to be more upfront and honest with how things were going to take place.

The down side to all this is I have to move everything in the picture below with the exception of the clamp rack, miter station, and router table.

The drum sander, planer, dust collector, table saw, out feed table, work bench and jointer along with some of the over head ductwork that is in their way.  Everything mentioned need to be 12 feet away from the garage door.  I have some time to plan things out because the door has to be ordered and takes 4 to 6 weeks.  The new door will be insulated and white on the inside which will be a plus for shop lighting.

IMG_1951.thumb.jpg.22e3b3b5182bb0dedf928dd9a628c9ca.jpg

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Having been in your shop, I completely understand the pain but, would question some of the things that "need" be moved..  

I could see your OF table and bench but, would think your TS should be ok..

I would also ask them to stand on the miter bench rather than move it..

In then end, understanding what they need to get to, some of the moves seem to be a little out of place..

1 hour ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Was raising the tracks an option?  Could possibly give you a bit more height in spots.

I didn't ask but I am pretty sure that wouldn't work because they would have to raise the door lift also and there are rafter ties that would make that impossible.

1 hour ago, Kev said:

I would also ask them to stand on the miter bench rather than move it..

I don't have to move the miter station, just the drum sander at the end so they can install the vertical section of the track.

1 hour ago, Kev said:

I could see your OF table and bench but, would think your TS should be ok..

They need floor space the width of the door and 11 feet from the garage door back, open because they assemble the door from the inside so they need all the door parts in the garage when they start the assembly because once they get a panel or or 2 installed they can no longer get out until the door is operational.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

So, everything is going outside? I guess your overhead lighting comes down too?

No just to the other end of the garage.  I think the bandsaw and router table will go outside on the side of the garage were they will be protected.  This will give me room for everything else to be moved out of their way.