Title of the document

On 3/5/2021 at 8:28 PM, Coop said:

Jamie, are these put on hold until after the desk is completed? 

They are on hold waiting for her lender.  It has taken longer than expected with the appraisal and such to get wrapped up.  She should be getting a down payment to me in the next week or so.  Which should give me time to complete the desk.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Kev said:

Remember, big bits, slow speed!

If I remember right doesn't Jamie have a shaper for those big boy bits.

• Like 1

“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”  John Wooden

6 hours ago, Chet said:

If I remember right doesn't Jamie have a shaper for those big boy bits.

Yep have a shaper. All be it not an over powered shaper. It’s a 3 hp grizzly, works pretty well for stile and rail cuts for raised panels with a back cut its a little under powered. Just move the fence to take a couple lighter passes.  I really like using a shaper. When everything is set up properly they are smooth machines.  These cutters came from infinity, have never used their cutters before. They do seem really well made for the price point they come in at. Didn’t want to break the bank on them considering I’m not sure how many projects they will get used on. Thought about going with insert cutters but never seem to get a very good fit from them. To many moving parts in my opinion. 

Am more excited about the saw blade than any of the tooling! My ww2 Forrest blade got destroyed by a neighbor who had to make a quick cut while I wasn’t home. Had a piece of plywood bind up on him somehow and got a nasty kick back.  Sent the piece flying into my garage door and left a pretty good dent, took a tooth right off the Forrest and bent the blade. Luckily he walked away with all his parts. Which is the important part of the story. 

45 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Am more excited about the saw blade than any of the tooling! My ww2 Forrest blade got destroyed by a neighbor who had to make a quick cut while I wasn’t home. Had a piece of plywood bind up on him somehow and got a nasty kick back.  Sent the piece flying into my garage door and left a pretty good dent, took a tooth right off the Forrest and bent the blade. Luckily he walked away with all his parts. Which is the important part of the story. 

WOW! 😬

I think If I ever have to replace my 3 Freud blades, besides Freud, I think Amana would be on the list of ones to look at.

“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”  John Wooden

9 hours ago, Chet said:

I think If I ever have to replace my 3 Freud blades, besides Freud, I think Amana would be on the list of ones to look at.

The few cuts I’ve made with it so far I must say I’m impressed. Not quite as glassy of a cut as the Forrest but for half the money it is pretty nice. It is the 1/8” kerf which I do like. 

Not sure if I’m going to send the Forrest blade in for repairs, this blade has been repaired once before which was my own mistake. Hate to throw it out, it’s not very old of a blade and has quite a bit of life left in it. Don’t think it will be repaired for less than $100 with shipping.  

55 minutes ago, Jamie said:

It is the 1/8” kerf which I do like. 

Yea,  I like full kerf blades myself.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Coop said:

I’m about to experience my first WWII  thanks to Kev, 

You will love it! If you look on their website I believe there is an old video explaining how the blade should be used, if I remember right they recommend having the blade pretty high over the thickness of the piece you are cutting. Because of the hook angle, they said it’s safer having more blade exposed to lessen the odds of a kick back. Which almost makes sense with it cutting more downward into the table than pushing it back towards you. 

It was a old poor quality video if I remember correctly, like it was filmed on a vhs camcorder. I’ll see if I can dig it up. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...