Title of the document

What is this call on a DC?

Bushwacked

I am trying to upgrade my DC to start with a 6" outlet from the dual 4" on there now. What is that black piece called and where can I find a 6" version or even a 6" and 4" split? I have looked around and have not seen anything that looks like that.

image.png.20b6ca5c0fccadfbc9c7a4c06cb18dde.png

Edited by Bushwacked

Drew have you tried removing the "Y" fitting and seeing what is under there?  Mine is a little different in design but if I remove the "Y" fitting there is a six inch fitting under it.

Have you looked in the manual to see what it is called?  

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

It looks to me in the first picture you posted that there are 6-8 screws holding the inlet ports on to the Impeller cover (F in your first manual picture).

I am guessing that when you remove the Inlet Port the hole in you Impeller cover will be 6 inches in diameter.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

I am not sure you would gain much by running just a short section of 6 inch and then going right back down to 4 inch flex.  6 inch is going to give you benefits when you do it in longer runs. 

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I am not sure you would gain much by running just a short section of 6 inch and then going right back down to 4 inch flex.  6 inch is going to give you benefits when you do it in longer runs. 

ah ... sorry for the confusion ... The 6" will always be 6", just with a flexi hose for now. The 4" will be another flexi hose that I currently have running to my TS, jointer, planer. So I will have 2 runs