Title of the document

Veneer Pieces

Coop

A neighbor that worked with antiques recently passed away and his wife gave me these pieces. She said he bought these years ago and never used them. They have been stored in a non tempered shed. If I were to guess, I’d say walnut. I’ve never done veneering before but I hate to see these go to waste so may try it. Given the history, should anything be done to these before I unroll them like hydrate them? 

F38F22D7-E082-4309-BC1E-D23029FC66C4.thumb.jpeg.c32c7e0996badfe02cee05ae3207ec7b.jpeg24EAFE6F-1982-4152-909B-B54DF9BCA838.thumb.jpeg.c0db765cc39581d9204efc43f5845a75.jpeg

F659BC78-AF98-4C44-98F5-E62E6F45D1E9.jpeg

The MC should be relative to your area.  I'd certainly let them acclimate to your shop for a few days but, I don't think you'll see much change in the MC.

Unrolling could make them a little more manageable when you're ready to use them.

• Like 1

I have heard this guy on a few podcasts https://ramonvaldezfinefurniture.com  He always gives out his contact information for peoples question and he seems like he really wants to help.  He does a lot of work with veneers including some beautiful marquetry.  He has a contact form on his website above

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus