Title of the document

Guest Are Welcome To Become Members

Coop

My wife was snoring so I decided to come out to the shop to see what was going on here. I clicked on “online users” and there were 2 members and 58 guests. I guess you can say that I really was bored to have counted them all. 

Guests, apparently some of you are woodworkers or potential or you wouldn’t be lurking. We would all like to hear what you have to offer, as insignificant as you may seem it to be. Lordy knows we don’t know it all. Become a welcome member, no selfies required! ?

just saying as a member myself. 

Edited by Coop
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Coop said:

My wife was snoring so I decided to come out to the shop to see what was going on here. I clicked on “online users” and there were 2 members and 58 guests. I guess you can say that I really was bored to have counted them all. 

Guests, apparently some of you are woodworkers or potential or you wouldn’t be lurking. We would all like to hear what you have to offer, as insignificant as you may seem it to be. Lordy knows we don’t know it all. Become a welcome member, no selfies required! ?

just saying as a member myself. 

Thanks Coop..

There will always be lurkers and that's ok.  They miss some of the forum sections that the members see but, they're welcome to lurk.

Also, some of those "guests" are various bots and things cruising through the net collecting data.  This happens will all sites like this one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coop said:

Kev, what is a bot and what kind of data are they looking for and how do they use it? 

A bot on a site like this is just a software program that surfs the net grabbing information from all kinds of sites.  They're grabbing site traffic data and stuff like that to gear appropriate advertising or to set up fake accounts to post links to their sites..  A bot is created by a human to do a bunch of repetitive electronic tasks much faster than a human can do them.  

This is why we require people to register to post here.  It really takes a human to create an account and post.  Really cuts down on the riff raff..  Plus, if you think about it, I could open the doors wide open and the only information they would get about you is your email address.  Just another reason that I don't collect your information.

• Like 2

I have notice that a major portion of the Guest I.P. address's are from the asian countries.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

28 minutes ago, Coop said:

Does that mean there are a lot of potential Asian woodworkers out there?

Well there probably are but, they probably aren't visiting this sight.  No offense Kev.

• Haha 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus