Title of the document

Talk About A Random Thread! LOL. Giving Away Very Old Small USC Letter Opener. Any USC Grads Here?

Talk About A Random Thread! ? ?

I have a very old USC letter opener.  I'd like to give it to someone who would appreciate it as much as I have in the time I've been its caretaker.

Do we have any USC graduates here?  Do we know any USC graduates that would like a very old USC letter opener?

20191022_232906.thumb.jpg.bbe20bff05339cfa54a28db7b4867122.jpg

20191022_233512.thumb.jpg.6e1218b4659cffb5e5818d91589b686d.jpg

20191022_233645.thumb.jpg.bc4a195fc5968da8e51e9b3610eb4b10.jpg

20191022_233657.thumb.jpg.0181ab9b4601356bc1291419396e49b0.jpg

20191022_233806.thumb.jpg.ed72f4833b581120c9f65c7628d6e6a9.jpg

20191022_233823.thumb.jpg.ceddb9f3109bb8ad0d5383924961582b.jpg

IF you are a USC graduate, or know a USC graduate that would like to be its caretaker I'd happily send it to you.

***I don't see it where I thought it would be.  It's not there.  It is here at the schoolhouse.  I posted the same offer on Twitter a while back and since I've been at the schoolhouse.  I just don't have it in my hand presently.  I'll find it***

?,

RXR

• Like 1

I am a college football fan and I hate USC. ?

Having said that, that looks pretty old it might be worth contacting to school, it might be museum worthy to them.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

22 minutes ago, Chet said:

Having said that, that looks pretty old it might be worth contacting to school, it might be museum worthy to them.

And I promise he's way closer to you than I am...lol.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chet said:

Hello @Chet,

I'm pretty sure I tweeted the USC account.  I never got a response from them.  It was just their general purpose account.  But, you're right...maybe I should contact the USC archivist.

I'd also be more than willing to happily pass it forward to anyone here who would be, or know someone who would be, the caretaker of it...preferably someone with history with the institution.  I just think I would like to see that happen...I'd get something out of it ?

?,

RXR

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jamie said:

As I recall last bowl season my Iowa Hawkeyes took it to usc.

Holiday Bowl 49 - 24 Hawkeye's.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

20 hours ago, Jamie said:

What a cool item. I to am like @Chet and a college football fan. I also dislike usc. As I recall last bowl season my Iowa Hawkeyes took it to usc. ???

It is, thank you, @Jamie!

I used to be a HUGE Pro-Football fan.  I had a passion for it.  That was until I couldn't play anymore.  We were playing weekend ball after high school.  We'd play non-sanctioned games against other neighborhood weekend players for prizes (kegs of beer, normally).  Once I couldn't play anymore my passion for it lessened to a negligible degree.  I stopped watching more than 15 years ago (except for - maybe - the Super Bowl (same with Baseball - I sometimes watch the World Series) ).

I was never interested in College Ball except for the fact that they were auditioning for Pro-Ball.

For me, I couldn't devote even more time than I was already devoting to it.  It's a time-suck! ?

And, now with college Wokeitis I am turned off even more from the institutions or anything they are involved in, including sports.

?,

RXR