Title of the document

For Years I've Been Wondering What I Could Salvage From My aCPAP Masks...

I've been using an aCPAP machine for years, 3 or 4 at least.  For years I've been hesitatingly throwing the mask headgear away.  As I'm throwing them away I'm trying to figure out what I could salvage from them because it just seems like a waste to toss them.  I gave a couple of the hoses away to someone that used them as a vacuum accessory to small spaces.  I get a new one about every 3 months.

It wasn't until today that I realized what it was I was agonizing over this whole time.

*My mask - NOT ME! ?*  It's a ResMed AirFit F30 (full face) mask.

AirTouch™ F20 full-face mask system by ResMed - Large | 20-series | CPAP  masks | ResMed Official Online Shop | United Kingdom

The bottom straps are magnetically attached.  2 magnets on each strap, 2 straps per mask.  4 magnets.

I just harvested the magnets.  *bottle top for scale*

20201228_004753.thumb.jpg.fc9e449c8af68f0a906ba1372479c12b.jpg

20201228_005227.thumb.jpg.ed3041e572fe9fdc5109dac26dd1b0ca.jpg

I don't know if they're Neodymium.  I know they are very strong and forcefully snap together - I mean hard!

They're only a $1 or so if a person had to buy them but that's a $1 or so I wont' have to spend!

*Kicks self for having thrown away years of free magnets! ??*

?,

RXR

Edited by RxR Sawdust Station
Fat-Fingered it before I could sign off! :-)
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kev said:

I use them all the time in the shop!  They're good to have around for sure!

I have seen them used in projects.  I have not yet had a need for any.  But, then again, I haven't had a real "woodworking project" pass my worktop in a while...

Andy Klein has been doing some great work with magnets - lately, Magswitch specifically.  They've come out with a drill press fence that is nothing short of brilliant.  That guy is scary smart! ??  But, also his newest benches are pretty incredible, too.

I used one to attach a post-it note to the edge of my PC monitor last night.  I couldn't stand to see them just sitting there not doing any work! ?

?,

RXR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1