Jump to content

Annual "Show off the Loot" Thread


Recommended Posts

Merry Christmas to all !

Thought I'd start this thread since it will get posted anyways..  I don't have any loot to show you yet as I still have some kids coming in from out of town.  We'll do our dinner and do Christmas tonight.

So, post away and lets see all the cool new additions for you.  Doesn't have to be woodworking related..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  A bit surprised at no posts here!

The only thing woodworking I got was a bank charger for my Dewalt batteries..  

I also got some cool AF veteran stuff from my kids and the latest Bill O'Reily book from my mom.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s us we give the kids presents an we just kinda get what we want as the year goes. If it counts I got a veritas skew rabbet  plane from eBay a week or so ago an few saws I’m refurbishing. Other than that my dad gave me some cash 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I received a  Lee Valley drill press table, Amana counter sink bit, a branding iron which is going to be special every time I use it because it was designed by my oldest grand daughter including the design of the font.  I will post a picture when I try it out.  I got two rolls of blue tape, a stocking stuffer I actually asked for.  Also there will be a much needed new set of Forstner bits (back ordered at the time).

IMG_0120.thumb.jpg.0c3cc44a5b81a7407b6fc71d34408fc6.jpg

Not a Christmas gift but this was delivered about 7 this morning.  It was on the porch when I went out to get the paper.

IMG_0121.thumb.jpg.bbab4fd188dfa41bae21ea391bb18189.jpg

  • Like 4

“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”  John Wooden

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chet said:

I received a  Lee Valley drill press table, Amana counter sink bit, a branding iron which is going to be special every time I use it because it was designed by my oldest grand daughter including the design of the font.  I will post a picture when I try it out.  I got two rolls of blue tape, a stocking stuffer I actually asked for.  Also there will be a much needed new set of Forstner bits (back ordered at the time).

IMG_0120.thumb.jpg.0c3cc44a5b81a7407b6fc71d34408fc6.jpg

Not a Christmas gift but this was delivered about 7 this morning.  It was on the porch when I went out to get the paper.

IMG_0121.thumb.jpg.bbab4fd188dfa41bae21ea391bb18189.jpg

Nice!  Glad you weren't too far behind me on the delivery!

Looks like a great Christmas Chet!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a really good haul this year! The girls got me a Milwaukee m18 blower which I had to try out in the house. You guys would be amazed how far barbies can fly! They also found me a wixey for the planer. My mom got me a remote switch for the dust collector and a 4” sliding square. All really nice thing but time spent with the family was worth way more. 0553029D-250E-4C52-8B6B-4FFDF30FEC9E.thumb.jpeg.99ecbdb2c4d3f225e4f557d1a1fe5a47.jpeg4324C53B-F09A-444A-ACA1-52B3AFE493EF.thumb.jpeg.c1f3cbb98b9ca6ed5a5e09415e722076.jpeg209789DA-DA37-458D-AE61-78E9178D3420.thumb.jpeg.94afdeee1a9ca412d33f2c4e47c4d217.jpeg

Did even find a few moments to get the gauge on 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jamie said:

I had a really good haul this year! The girls got me a Milwaukee m18 blower which I had to try out in the house. You guys would be amazed how far barbies can fly! They also found me a wixey for the planer. My mom got me a remote switch for the dust collector and a 4” sliding square. All really nice thing but time spent with the family was worth way more. 

Did even find a few moments to get the gauge on 

Nice!  Would like to see a review on this!  I've looked at them but, just not sure I'd actually use it as most builds are relative dimensioning.

More credit to see the barbie fly! 😉

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kev said:

Nice!  Would like to see a review on this!  I've looked at them but, just not sure I'd actually use it as most builds are relative dimensioning.

More credit to see the barbie fly! 😉

 

I will give it a run and let you know what I think. 
 

The reason I liked the idea of it is for repeating depth of cut throughout a project. Also the depth gauge on the planer itself wasn’t impressive at all. With how easy the handle turns can shoot way past your desired depth of cut. I think as well coming from a cabinet building background where a lot of the time we worked in thousandths for thickness it’s a familiar process. I am always checking with a caliper coming out of the planer that this should take that step away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chet said:

I received a  Lee Valley drill press table, Amana counter sink bit, a branding iron which is going to be special every time I use it because it was designed by my oldest grand daughter including the design of the font.  I will post a picture when I try it out.  I got two rolls of blue tape, a stocking stuffer I actually asked for.  Also there will be a much needed new set of Forstner bits (back ordered at the time).

IMG_0120.thumb.jpg.0c3cc44a5b81a7407b6fc71d34408fc6.jpg

Not a Christmas gift but this was delivered about 7 this morning.  It was on the porch when I went out to get the paper.

IMG_0121.thumb.jpg.bbab4fd188dfa41bae21ea391bb18189.jpg

Am really curious on the iron, was just explaining them to my wife the other day. Very nice touch with the granddaughter doing the design 😀

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jamie said:

I will give it a run and let you know what I think. 
 

The reason I liked the idea of it is for repeating depth of cut throughout a project. Also the depth gauge on the planer itself wasn’t impressive at all. With how easy the handle turns can shoot way past your desired depth of cut. I think as well coming from a cabinet building background where a lot of the time we worked in thousandths for thickness it’s a familiar process. I am always checking with a caliper coming out of the planer that this should take that step away. 

That's fair..  I guess I'm just used to milling all the parts to thickness at the same time.  On the off occasion that I need to add an additional part, my fingers are a pretty good gauge if I'm there.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely see a benefit..  I'm just not sure how much use I'd get from it in "my" shop reality..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter gave me this cigar ashtray and made me promise to use it.

FE56476D-B6F3-4B17-8E1D-52A7C879CF4C.thumb.jpeg.43e2f52e85a4d762a1f87f747967cf3e.jpeg

My wife gave me the Harvey miter bar without knowing it. It was agreed that the house remodel was going to be our Christmas to each other. Because I was under the influence of you guys the other night and ordered the Harvey, I felt guilty and gave her a check in a Christmas card. 

Chet, did they give you notice that yours had shipped before you received it? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I got notice each step, shipped, out for delivery and delivered.  I got the delivered notice about 90 minutes after I found it on the porch.

“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”  John Wooden

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Coop said:

My daughter gave me this cigar ashtray and made me promise to use it.

FE56476D-B6F3-4B17-8E1D-52A7C879CF4C.thumb.jpeg.43e2f52e85a4d762a1f87f747967cf3e.jpeg

My wife gave me the Harvey miter bar without knowing it. It was agreed that the house remodel was going to be our Christmas to each other. Because I was under the influence of you guys the other night and ordered the Harvey, I felt guilty and gave her a check in a Christmas card. 

Chet, did they give you notice that yours had shipped before you received it? 

Nothing quite like a good cigar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chet said:

Yes, I got notice each step, shipped, out for delivery and delivered.  I got the delivered notice about 90 minutes after I found it on the porch.

Thanks. I haven’t heard anything from them yet. They are still probably checking to see if my credit card is legit! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Coop said:

Thanks. I haven’t heard anything from them yet. They are still probably checking to see if my credit card is legit! 

Here's hoping you're not their IT guy as well... 😉

 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chet said:

I received a  Lee Valley drill press table, Amana counter sink bit, a branding iron which is going to be special every time I use it because it was designed by my oldest grand daughter including the design of the font.  I will post a picture when I try it out.  I got two rolls of blue tape, a stocking stuffer I actually asked for.  Also there will be a much needed new set of Forstner bits (back ordered at the time).

IMG_0120.thumb.jpg.0c3cc44a5b81a7407b6fc71d34408fc6.jpg

Not a Christmas gift but this was delivered about 7 this morning.  It was on the porch when I went out to get the paper.

 

Ok Chet your turn to do a review. I have been wanting a branding iron for a while let me know what you think of yours.

1 hour ago, Coop said:

My wife gave me the Harvey miter bar without knowing it.

Imagine my wife's surprise when I opened the empty wrapped Harvey box that read to Paul from your wonderful wife 🤣

The kids were like wow mom you really went all out this year...I just smiled 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Imagine my wife's surprise when I opened the empty wrapped Harvey box that read to Paul from your wonderful wife 🤣

The kids were like wow mom you really went all out this year...I just smiled 

That right there is pure awesome!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a festool systainer  and  a bunch of different domino's now that i have a domino, I also received a 1281 woodpeckers square, the 96" storystick pro, and the rip flip system for my sawstop, definitely was on the nice list this year, the crappy part is i have to wait til possibly February or march for the rip flip since its backordered, but its worth it

domino.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jones Custom Woodwork said:

Got a festool systainer  and  a bunch of different domino's now that i have a domino, I also received a 1281 woodpeckers square, the 96" storystick pro, and the rip flip system for my sawstop, definitely was on the nice list this year, the crappy part is i have to wait til possibly February or march for the rip flip since its backordered, but its worth it

domino.jpg

Hey Josh, welcome to the forum!  Nice haul for sure!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jones Custom Woodwork said:

Got a festool systainer  and  a bunch of different domino's now that i have a domino, I also received a 1281 woodpeckers square, the 96" storystick pro, and the rip flip system for my sawstop, definitely was on the nice list this year, the crappy part is i have to wait til possibly February or march for the rip flip since its backordered, but its worth it

domino.jpg

Wow now that is some Christmas loot. I’ve looked at the story stick pro a couple times just never seem to pull the trigger. Oh by the way welcome to the forums. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...