Review of Harvey MG-36 Miter Gauge compared to Incra 1000HD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As promised here is my opinion of the Harvey MG-36 Miter gauge as compared to my Incra 1000HD miter gauge. Spoiler alert for those who want to cut to the chase, I am selling my Incra 🙂  FWIW This

We were up late last night playing games so, they're all grabbing a nap..  I wasn't in the mood for a nap with a new toy in the shop.

I kind of like getting a shop tool from Tiffany's except the box is brown instead of baby blue. I set mine up today and as nice as Incra's is, this one is definitely a cut above.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks just wanted to follow up on this one. As stated in my first post I was mistakenly sent the metric version of the miter gauge and as of today nearly a month later it has still not been corrected. I am using the gauge and my review still stands but thought all should know the customer services has hit a bit of a road bump at least for me.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Hey folks just wanted to follow up on this one. As stated in my first post I was mistakenly sent the metric version of the miter gauge and as of today nearly a month later it has still not been corrected. I am using the gauge and my review still stands but thought all should know the customer services has hit a bit of a road bump at least for me.

I saw another post yesterday with people having issue with Felder CS as well.  I just wonder how much of it is Covid related?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Kev said:

I just wonder how much of it is Covid related?

I think that has a lot to do with it.  If they are in a area where things are limited as to what percent of your work force can be there at any given time, things are bound to go slow.

Patience is definitely a virtue these days.

• Like 1

“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”  John Wooden

Just to close the loop on this I received an email from Harvey late last evening and they apologized profusely. They said they had been "swamped from the holiday and playing catch up" the replacement parts are in the mail and they provided tracking info. So all is good.

• Like 1