Title of the document

Leigh Jigs

That Kiwi Bloke

1 minute ago, That Kiwi Bloke said:

I'm looking at buying a D4R Pro. . .what can you all tell me these if anything?

I have one.

They're awesome and do everything advertised very well!

With that said, they're not terribly user friendly unless you're using them a lot.  I've had mine for a number of years and still have to break out the manual and watch YouTube to remember how.

2 hours ago, Kev said:

I have one.

They're awesome and do everything advertised very well!

With that said, they're not terribly user friendly unless you're using them a lot.  I've had mine for a number of years and still have to break out the manual and watch YouTube to remember how.

this!! Love mine, but damn if it doesnt drive me crazy getting it set back up for use after some time away from it.

sO I should buy it for a X-mass present to myself is what you all are saying. I have one of those cheapy dove tail jigs but the stumbling block i have on it is the guide collet that goes on the bottom of the router. It seems to be very make specific, and i don't have a portacable router. And to top that I have lost all the little xtra bits that came with the jig. I've had it years and only pulled it out last week to use it and discovered it was about as useful as a door stop.

Leigh on the other hand seemed to be more router makes flexable. Well i'm hoping anyway that this is the case as i want to make some boxs and wooden chests. Because lets face it everyone loves a nice big chest.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, That Kiwi Bloke said:

sO I should buy it for a X-mass present to myself is what you all are saying. I have one of those cheapy dove tail jigs but the stumbling block i have on it is the guide collet that goes on the bottom of the router. It seems to be very make specific, and i don't have a portacable router. And to top that I have lost all the little xtra bits that came with the jig. I've had it years and only pulled it out last week to use it and discovered it was about as useful as a door stop.

Leigh on the other hand seemed to be more router makes flexable. Well i'm hoping anyway that this is the case as i want to make some boxs and wooden chests. Because lets face it everyone loves a nice big chest.

Yes, very adjustable to the size of your workpiece.

7 hours ago, That Kiwi Bloke said:

Have been clicking on all the links and yes this gear is so much more. There ought to be an adaptor for my router. If not I might have to by into the Festool family.

Your router will need a guide bushing to follow the jig.  Do you have one of these?

You don't need to buy into Festool to get this!

Bosch makes a good set and, I think the Leigh jig comes with one if I'm not mistaken.