Title of the document

Woodpeckers Rip-Flip Fence Stop System

Bushwacked

This seems like a decent idea for repeatable cuts ... a lot of money to get it setup, but nonetheless I still think it is a solid idea if you are cutting something quite a bit, but also need to move the fence around for other cuts ... 

https://www.woodpeck.com/rip-flip-fence.html?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Woodpeckers+RIP-FLIP+Fence+Stop+System&utm_content=Only+3-Days+Left+to+Pre-Order+your+RIP-FLIP+Fence+Stop+System.&utm_campaign=11.21.20+Rip-Flip+Fence+Stop+System+R5&_bta_tid=09633242875476421803960484212407071197230545681865512639420057443441963987306585169527100076231891722523&_bta_c=0z3i0axvatzuuwg0x23dfrbvjf2ko

Edited by Bushwacked

9 minutes ago, Jamie said:

That is slick! Honestly I watched the video and was guessing a price I was shocked to see that it was only $210 I was thinking that the red gold would’ve been $350-400. Not that I’m going to get one, neat product though! Thanks for sharing!

hah! yes I was thinking the same ... it had to of been way more expensive and then was really surprised of the 'low' price tag

• Like 1

So, they make a version for the Powermatic and I ordered one.  To be honest, I wasn't too interested until I saw the dado option.  For me, that was the neatest part of the whole thing.

Additionally, if you really break this red tool down, it would not be too hard to build your own version.  There's just not much to it!

59 minutes ago, Kev said:

So, they make a version for the Powermatic and I ordered one.  To be honest, I wasn't too interested until I saw the dado option.  For me, that was the neatest part of the whole thing.

Additionally, if you really break this red tool down, it would not be too hard to build your own version.  There's just not much to it!

I thought the dado part was cool. That an being able to slide it down an keep your setting. To bad they don’t make it for my rigid table saw. I don’t see me buying a powermatic or a saw stop ever so guess I’m out. Though I’ve always struggled a lil with sizing my dado stack perfect.

7 minutes ago, Tmize said:

I thought the dado part was cool. That an being able to slide it down an keep your setting. To bad they don’t make it for my rigid table saw. I don’t see me buying a powermatic or a saw stop ever so guess I’m out. Though I’ve always struggled a lil with sizing my dado stack perfect.

Which is why I brought up how easy it would be to build something similar to fit your saw..  When I get it, I'll try to remember to post good pics here so the rest can see it up close.  This should help formulate the ideas to build to fit your own saw.

3 hours ago, Kev said:

Which is why I brought up how easy it would be to build something similar to fit your saw..  When I get it, I'll try to remember to post good pics here so the rest can see it up close.  This should help formulate the ideas to build to fit your own saw.

When does yours show up? 

I like how you can add extra feet or whatever they are called. So you could have a dado setup and then like if you have other projects that have a lot of repeatable cuts you could set that up each time too and not lose your dado setting 

8 hours ago, Tmize said:

I seen a jig to size it. Basically it was a 12x12 piece of ply with a bolt through the middle that had a wing nut and washer. Stack your dado set to the width you want and tighten it down to act like the arbor nut. Then slide a piece of scrap up next to your blade stack and check the width to your piece. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

When does yours show up? 

I like how you can add extra feet or whatever they are called. So you could have a dado setup and then like if you have other projects that have a lot of repeatable cuts you could set that up each time too and not lose your dado setting 

Since I just ordered it yesterday, I don't expect it for this week that I'm home..  Maybe I'll be able to do something with it when I come home for Christmas.

8 hours ago, Tmize said:

I basically do something close to that now. I use my Mdf out feed table stack the dado stack on it an run a scrap next to it. I may try that tho I’ve got some 1/2” rod at work I could use. 

I do the same on my out feed table. It seem to get me closer than just guessing. 

if a guy made the jig I think I would cut a notch in it where you could get a caliper to take a measurement as well. Just a thought.....

• Like 2