Title of the document

Help removing a torx screw

Keggers

I'm in the process of replacing all my carbide cutters on my 15" helical planer. One of the screws just won't come out and I've messed up the stars on the head of the screw to the point that my torx bit won't work. The good thing is that it's the one on one of the ends and doesn't see as much action. Any suggestions on how to remove this screw is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kent

6 hours ago, Kev said:

At that price, I ordered me one. Now to try and put it where I can remember when I need it. Things like this need to go into a reference book, similar to the Dewey Decimal System! Like right now, I don’t remember where I put my Locktite. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tmize said:

Sounds like they must have gotten better. The last set I bought was 10 years or more ago an they were crap. I don’t remember the brand but it was whatever was being advertised a bunch at the time. 

Weren’t they gator bits or something like that. For some reason I also have “ez out” stuck in my head. 

Well, to my surprise, I was able to get ALL of the torx screws out without any new purchases. I sprayed some WD40 on the screw that was giving me fits and amazingly it came out after some slight tapping on the torx bit. I have all  new cutters in my 15" planer now and it cuts like it did when it was new. Thanks everyone for the  responses.

• Like 4