Title of the document

Bandsaw blades

Tmize

What brand an size width an tooth count does everyone use. I’ve been using highland woodworking woodslicers blades in 3/4” an 1/2”. These blades are designed for straight cuts an re-sawing. I really like these blades for what I do an leave a clean surface. What they don’t do is allow me to cut any kind of curve. I don’t think I’ll be doing any scroll work or anything. I would like to do curves on furniture rails or bandsaw boxes an I want to try the little reindeer this year. I figured i would need a couple different sizes or would a 1/4” do it all?

I prefer a 1/4" blade with a high tooth count - 10tpi..  Most prefer a low tooth count - 3tpi.

I run this blade on my small saw all the time and use it for just about everything requiring curves.  It does get a little finicky over 8/4.  Anything thicker than that and I think the lower tooth count would be the way to go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kev said:

I prefer a 1/4" blade with a high tooth count - 10tpi..  Most prefer a low tooth count - 3tpi.

I run this blade on my small saw all the time and use it for just about everything requiring curves.  It does get a little finicky over 8/4.  Anything thicker than that and I think the lower tooth count would be the way to go.

+1 and I like Woodslicer and so far have dulled them but never broken one. Stuck my neck out on that one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coop said:

+1 and I like Woodslicer and so far have dulled them but never broken one. Stuck my neck out on that one. 

I actually broke my 1/2” the other night. It scared the hell out of me. I was re-sawing a log I had been drying. Pushed it a little to hard. So I’m replacing that one an figured I would add a couple blades to the order. 

• Thanks 1