Title of the document

Wooden Cauls

Coop

I haven’t seen cauls mentioned in a while. I have a container of these sticks and have not used them in a good while. I have 6 pieces of 1 1/4” stainless of angle that I use instead. I’m trying to justify getting rid of the wooden ones. 

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

I haven’t seen cauls mentioned in a while. I have a container of these sticks and have not used them in a good while. I have 6 pieces of 1 1/4” stainless of angle that I use instead. I’m trying to justify getting rid of the wooden ones. 

I have some rather expensive ones hanging on the wall that I only use about once a year. maybe.  But, when I need them, I'm sure glad they're there!

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

I don’t keep a dedicated cull set in the shop. If I need a cull I just head to the scrap pile. 

I am trying to get rid of scrap piles, the three gallon bucket of cauls included. I realized I had a problem years ago and am just finally trying to work on it. Withdrawal is a bitch! ?

17 minutes ago, Coop said:

I am trying to get rid of scrap piles, the three gallon bucket of cauls included. I realized I had a problem years ago and am just finally trying to work on it. Withdrawal is a bitch! ?

14 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

If you mess up a couple parts on every project you won’t need a scrap bin. Not that I would know this fact. ?

That's what I call the expensive fires!

My past cull qualifications were that if it’s shorter than the required 12” of the 735, and less than 1” thick, and doesn’t have a great grain pattern, and can’t be used for something else, then burn it. Every thing else, it will come in handy in the future. Thus you see my addiction.