Title of the document

Router Bit Holders

Coop

39 minutes ago, Coop said:

Will a couple of you guys post pics of how you store your bits please? It won’t completely change my life but will certainly point me towards a little bit of organization. ? Thanks

Pretty sure there's some video for this one!

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 6.53.10 PM.png

• Like 1

Thanks Kev and I remembered yours. As I have more drawer space than wall, maybe I should have said drawer storage. And actually it’s probably a no brainer. Build drawer and drill holes into inserts. Sometimes I tend to over engineer things. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Coop said:

Thanks Kev and I remembered yours. As I have more drawer space than wall, maybe I should have said drawer storage. And actually it’s probably a no brainer. Build drawer and drill holes into inserts. Sometimes I tend to over engineer things. 

I'll recommend the Rockler inserts as they work well!

• Like 1

I bought 2 packs of those last week. I was thinking about labeling and I don’t see that on yours. Does that just come natural with experience or do you measure yours before use? I.e. straight cutting and round over or actually, any of them. 

8 minutes ago, Coop said:

I bought 2 packs of those last week. I was thinking about labeling and I don’t see that on yours. Does that just come natural with experience or do you measure yours before use? I.e. straight cutting and round over or actually, any of them. 

Unless you have a bunch of weird bits that you use about once every 10 years, you just don't need the labeling.  The regulars are really obvious and you know exactly what they're for.

• Like 1

Mine are in drawers and labeled.  Like Kev said most are obvious but I do have three different size of up spiral and two or three dovetail bits I use occasionally to make drawer slides.  So I just went ahead and made labels for everything in the drawer.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus