Title of the document

Coffee Table For The Living Room

Bushwacked

3 hours ago, Jamie said:

Nice job! Looks right at home in your living room! 

Thanks! Wife really likes it so I guess I did good. 

2 hours ago, Kev said:

Judging by the pillows on the couch, I'm assuming your wife wasn't happy with your work? ?

Turned out great bud!

A little CA glue and sanding without DC would have tidied up that gap for you..  Quick and simple trick..

Haha! the kiddos were running free while we were cooking. So they destroy the couch and throw pillows everywhere for some reason. 

thanks! 

Hmmm gonna have to remember that trick in the future.  

2 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Nice work Drew!  I won’t hold setting up for Christmas already against you, your wife can take that bullet. ?

Hah! Thanks! 

The table looks nice and the fact that your wife is happy is all you need.  The domino patch turned to good and just remember if you don't point it out with you big fat finger no one will know. ?

• Haha 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

22 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

Hmmm gonna have to remember that trick in the future.  

22 hours ago, Tmize said:

The CA glue an sawdust trick will save a lot of heart ache. It’s probably the best trick I’ve learned in the hobby so far

I covered that in this video so you can see the regular glue/sawdust mix vs the CA glue/sand trick.

• Like 3

On 11/27/2020 at 12:32 PM, Kev said:

I covered that in this video so you can see the regular glue/sawdust mix vs the CA glue/sand trick.

Did you ever try your ca method with just wood glue without the chips? I have done it that way quite a few times with pretty good results. 

just another way to skin a cat

9 hours ago, Jamie said:

Did you ever try your ca method with just wood glue without the chips? I have done it that way quite a few times with pretty good results. 

just another way to skin a cat

The think I'm not wild about with the wood glue is the dry time.

2 hours ago, Kev said:

The think I'm not wild about with the wood glue is the dry time.

Also I would think that the wood glue could effect how the area took stain if stain was going to be part of the finish program.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

9 hours ago, Chet said:

Also I would think that the wood glue could effect how the area took stain if stain was going to be part of the finish program.

I was thinking the same with this one when I did it ... now I either sanded amazingly well and got all the glue off of where it did not belong, or the darker stain helped cover it up? Either way, I looked for signs and could not see anything on the corners. 

Going forward though I will definitely be using the CA glue trick as like Kev mentioned, the dry time is so much better.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 12:07 PM, Chet said:

Yes from experience you have to do a really good job of sanding the area.  If you do have glue residue you should be able to see it, from me playing with the ca glue I think its harder to see the residue left behind from it than say titebond