Title of the document

Makita Cordless Track saw kit

DisVet

I just ordered the kit today. I ordered it on amazon. Got the Dewalt clamps for the Makita rail guides. I did a little research on everything. The dewalt rail clamps seem to have the best reviews. So, you don’t really need this little doohickey that I saw on YouTube video that I thought I really wanted. It’s TSO’s guide for the rail guides. Just a well engineered little helper tool that is really cool. I wanted it!!! Until I saw the price of it. They have two similar models of it. One is about $159 bucks and the other $179 bucks. Well that ended that idea. LOL!!! I’m a single parent. I just can’t afford that price cause I just don’t want one, it’s better to used two of them in my opinion. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

What are insta Rail Square? I would like to check them out. I did check them out. Pretty cool. I’m going to check the price. Cause the dewalt clamps , they clamp from underneath which is real cool too. 

Edited by DisVet
Added more info.

9 hours ago, DisVet said:

I would think to have two, one on each end.

No you only need one.  I simple clamps on to your track and provides you a 90 degree or 45 degree edge. 

• Thanks 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

5 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

does the insta rail work fine? Just curious ... as it seems to be based on if the edge it is being placed on is already square? Just thinking through like the first cuts on the factory edge of ply or something like that where it is not always straight ... 

yes it works well, it is basically the same as the TSO offering. I went with the Insta rail cause I had a store credit to the Toolnut. If your reference edge is really out of whack it could be an issue. I have found using the factory edge square enough. I have taken a badly out of square piece of ply and have gotten dead nuts. 

2 hours ago, Chet said:

No you only need one.  I simple clamps on to your track and provides you a 90 degree or 45 degree edge. 

Agreed. 

• Thanks 1

Well folks, I returned the Makita TS. I am going to make my own. I have learned a lot since the last one that I did. I just can’t justify spending the money on it at this point in my woodworking. Maybe later down the road. Thanks for all your support on this subject. Look forward to checking everyone else’s out. I am still building my clamp rack though. Just ordered the material for it today.