Title of the document

November 3rd

Coop

hah! while the glue dries ... I like it ? 

Although, dont care what side you are on, this political season has been terrible. The pre recorded speeches, no audience in the big acceptance speeches to make them more inviting .. just people talking by themselves ... has not been very inspiring on either side. I know theres nothing they can do to fix that, but it is something I didn't realize how much that helped the engagement of enjoyment viewing. 

They should have piped in crowds like they do in sporting events haha 

I will leave this alone as long as the conversation is right down the center line of neutrality.  If there is even a hint or red or blue or names of candidates, I will have to delete it.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

2 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

You both have more patience than me when it comes to politics 

I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to politics either.  This is especially true when dealing with people that are uneducated on a particular subject but, are going to tell you how it should be.  These are the people that I label as Sheeple and they come on both sides!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie said:

This is a hard topic for me to be quite on! But if I speak up this topic will get shut down! 

How about if we all submit our opinions at exactly the same time and then if they shut it down, it will be ok? ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Coop said:

How about if we all submit our opinions at exactly the same time and then if they shut it down, it will be ok? ?

Afraid @Chet and I would be in a race to hide the topic.

There's a reason that this topic is taboo on forums.  I would suspect that many of us are on different sides of the issue and the argument would go a long way to killing good conversation on a topic we all agree on, woodworking.

So here in America we have 2 political parties. One isn’t better than the other, but you have the right to vote how you want on the issues and people that match your way of thinking. If you don’t exercise this right, then you have no position to complain in the future.  Since I didn’t get enough support to be on the presidential ticket (I would be awesome) I will keep my vote in the upcoming charade Private. ? ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

So here in America we have 2 political parties. One isn’t better than the other, but you have the right to vote how you want on the issues and people that match your way of thinking. If you don’t exercise this right, then you have no position to complain in the future.  Since I didn’t get enough support to be on the presidential ticket (I would be awesome) I will keep my vote in the upcoming charade Private. ? ?

That's pure awesome right there!

In the end, everyone should do their homework, pick a candidate that fits their values, and vote!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jamie said:

I can’t believe I watched that mess for the last 2 hours. I think we all lost. 

I wouldn't completely agree with that..  I, personally, think there were some very telling answers and lack of answers in there.  I didn't think my opinion or vote would be swayed and listened with open ears and an open mind.  My opinion wasn't swayed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Coop said:

We lost my daughter in law yesterday and as having been tied up with the details, I completely forgot about the debate. 

So sorry for your loss Coop!  Family is so much more important!  thoughts and prayers with the family my friend!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coop said:

We lost my daughter in law yesterday and as having been tied up with the details, I completely forgot about the debate. I’m sure I will hear about it on the unbiased news reports and newspaper tomorrow. 

Wow Coop!! Really sorry to hear this! Family is much more important than that so called 'debate' last night. Let us know if there is anything we can help with ... 

If it wasnt bad enough they both talked over each other, then you had the moderator jumping in to quite one or the other down and at times all 3 were talking and could not understand anything. I swear, I have no idea why they wont just mute the non talking persons mic. You agreed to 2 uninterrupted minutes, so why not just mute them and let the other talk. 

I think the main this it was lacking, on both sides, was substance. I didnt hear any real plans/initiatives ... or at least well laid out plans because whoever was talking was getting interrupted and then they got sidetracked and by the time the moderator got things under control it was time to move on to another topic. 

what is even crazier to me is that everyone agreed it was so bad that they are already talking about cancelling the other 2 debates between the pres candidates. This is absolutely insane to me. I know it is crazy times, but I think they need to fix the format, ask more hard hitting questions that dont leave room for vagueness. IE: Healthcare plan, tax plan, school funding plans, infrastructure plans etc etc. Force them to talk about those without interruptions for a dedicated amount of time. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Since I didn’t get enough support to be on the presidential ticket (I would be awesome)

Finally a write in candidate worth considering.

Not that I am sticking my head in the sand but I am going to be honest with you all,  I had no intention to watch because I didn't think anything useful would come out of it, and from one news writer's description "Hot mess in the middle of a dumpster fire" I sounds like my feelings were correct.  All in all I am getting real tired of all yelling being done by adults that want to be leaders.  It's like watching kids on a playground fighting over a ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

On 9/29/2020 at 9:00 PM, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Exactly!! And IMO this is what makes America different we can have varying opinions and not be put in jail for it. I personally think this is a great thing, if we all thought alike how boring would that be.

On 9/29/2020 at 10:04 PM, Kev said:

I wouldn't completely agree with that..  I, personally, think there were some very telling answers and lack of answers in there.  I didn't think my opinion or vote would be swayed and listened with open ears and an open mind.  My opinion wasn't swayed.

Hmm I must have been in the spray room and missed that part LOL...having said that I believe I had ABC on in the shop and the most disturbing thing I saw was a poll after the debate that showed 3o+ percent of those polled thought the debate was entertaining...seriously folks ?? Entertaining it's a flipping debate how about some real information and debating going on...

Ok i'm done before I get booted ?

• Like 2

• Kev locked this topic