Title of the document

Spanky's Lumber

Kev

@Spanky

As I'm sure that there are others here that would like to get some lumber from you, I thought it might be helpful to get some basic numbers out in the open. It wouldn't be fair for me to disclose what I paid just in case you were giving me a "special" deal.  And, if my "special" deal was more than what the others will pay then, consider this a get out of jail free card. ?

So, if you could drop some basic pricing for the standard species you deal with that would be great.  Also, if you can disclose what you've been seeing for cost on shipping, that will be helpful as well.  Once you do that, I'll create a stand alone post and pin it to the top of this section and see if we can drum up a little business for you.

• Like 2

Thanks @Kev  I cut woodworker’s lumber for a very few guys now. You are one of them. If you ever get back down south, I may have some curly white oak lumber for you. I have cut 3 or 4 logs this week that was curly.

I have all I can do cutting for a pallet shop and cutting cross tie’s. 

Thanks

On 8/19/2020 at 7:54 PM, Spanky said:

I’m not sure how the Houston Boy got to be one of them! ?

Cause I’m one of many that put up with your bs and enjoy the heck out of your friendship. Besides, the wood ain’t half bad! I sure would like to have some of that mountain walnut! My supply is running short.

20 hours ago, Coop said:

Well! You gave all the good stuff to Kev. Any walnut in the future? 

Some friends rate at a A+..............I just checked my list and you are on the A+ list too.

You have some white walnut (butternut) coming to Houston someday, but it may be this winter.

What are you wanting in black walnut 4/4 or 8/4? I don’t have anymore curly walnut. 

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

That is a load of wood! What for pallets are they making with that thick of stock?

Jamie, all pallet cant’s are cut 4” thick by 6” 7” 8” 9” 10” wide. They will cut the long cant’s to 24” 36” or 48” they will turn the wide side of the cant up and start running it threw a resaw. They will cut the three piece’s for the center of the pallet 1 1/2” by 4” they will run a few hundred of them. Then they start cutting 1/2” thick piece’s by 4” wide for the top and bottom of the pallet.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kev said:

@Spanky...  Buddy....

Let's get you your own section in these forums!  You can post what you have and what your prices are.  From there, you can haggle in PM over shipping details..

I know a guy that can set that up for you!

I would like that if I was cutting alot of woodworker’s lumber. I cut very little high grade lumber anymore for woodworkers. But, I still have alittle curly hard maple lumber in 4/4  I still have alittle QSWO & Rift 8/4 like you got. I will have alittle 4/4 curly white oak. I will have butternut lumber, but that’s going to Houston and Delaware. Plus I hope to buy a high price walnut log or two this fall so I can get alittle of that Houston money. It take’s salt better than most! ?

4 hours ago, Spanky said:

I would like that if I was cutting alot of woodworker’s lumber. I cut very little high grade lumber anymore for woodworkers. But, I still have alittle curly hard maple lumber in 4/4  I still have alittle QSWO & Rift 8/4 like you got. I will have alittle 4/4 curly white oak. I will have butternut lumber, but that’s going to Houston and Delaware. Plus I hope to buy a high price walnut log or two this fall so I can get alittle of that Houston money. It take’s salt better than most! ?

Yep..  The section I'm talking about is more about what you have, when you have it, what the price is, and who wants it..  

Totally understand this isn't your main business.  Just a section to post cool stuff when you do have it..