Title of the document

Painted hall table

Tmize

So I have a few things the wife has requested for the living room. The next is a low bookcase I’ll probably journal this one. I should roll right into it I’ve got a few new things I want to try out with it. 
 She wanted it all to match the tv console I built end of last year. This one was just a quick project nothing special m&t construction an long tapered legs. The painted portion is popular with a the top is a portion of the pine beams from the LV ceiling remodel same as the tv console. B53FFDB1-B618-49DB-94AE-AD8A6213A8E0.thumb.jpeg.eac7cc62326a478c30cc7c29f9e6bde8.jpeg22B557DA-A335-4567-8216-0DC9FA7EAF18.thumb.jpeg.b11a8eaa5961556e5464bcdc9ba9455b.jpeg

• Like 5

She likes it. I’m coming around to the painted pieces finally I’m just glad I got her off the pallet wood crap. At least it’s well made an I’m I learning you have to be just as careful on the fit finish with paint as you do with clear film finish. So it’s good practice on managing plane track marks. 

That really did come out nice.

1 hour ago, Tmize said:

I’m just glad I got her off the pallet wood crap.

If she starts to relapse just let her know that pallets a sprayed with pesticides and other bad things numerous times in their life.

• Thanks 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

2 hours ago, Tmize said:

She likes it. I’m coming around to the painted pieces finally I’m just glad I got her off the pallet wood crap. At least it’s well made an I’m I learning you have to be just as careful on the fit finish with paint as you do with clear film finish. So it’s good practice on managing plane track marks. 

Great point! I think painted projects have to be better fit than clear, any little gap leaves a dip in the paint! Auto body bondo works great for filling them. I absolutely hate building painted projects, it stems from my days in the cabinet shop, thank god I took on a different profession before the paint craze hit around here. 

Great looking table! Really like the bead detail. Sets it off!

Edited by Jamie

21 hours ago, Coop said:

That’s a neat looking table. I would have never guessed that the top was pine. How did you treat the top surface of the top, just barely skip plane it? 

Well sort of first I wire brushed it to remove years of paint splatter. Then used a cabinet scraper to remove glue squeeze out an even the joint out. As brittle this is from being right up next to the roof for 50 years I’m lil scared to run it thru the planer. Afraid it would turn to toothpicks

• Like 1