Title of the document

Auction find

Jamie

With local auction houses going to online only around here it’s makes finding deals a little harder. I did have a little luck at one last week. Picked up a graco triton 308 sprayer for $45. Needs some new lines but other than that should work. Also got a Bosch hammer drill, corded for $16. Will come in handy if i ever get around to the deck project. Picked up a craftsman rolling tool box for $65. Smaller box that should hold my needs. Got a bonus with it, was full of 9/16 wrenches 6 of them i believe and a roll of metric wrenches. Will get some pictures up soon. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coop said:

Heck of a deal. Where did you find these sites? 

It was through proxibid I believe. That is a site that auction houses use to host the auction.  I have done internet searches and found a few. I have to admit I like the online better than spending a whole day at an auction. The local newspapers also list auctions around here. A buddy of mine actually sent me the link to this last one. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 8:16 PM, pkinneb said:

Nice that tool box looks brand new

Yeah it’s in pretty good shape! Was pretty dirty when I got it.  Orange degreaser in a little spray bottle along with a rag got it shined right up. Put some drawer liners in and got the cabinet cleaned out of the miter saw stand. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Coop said:

Worst part is that it’s pick up only. Maybe that’s the best part? What are you bidding on? 

I bid on the drum sander, the Bosch glide saw, the jet dust collector. Watching about 80 things tho! Currently I don’t have the high bid on any items. 

@Coop I can pick up whatever you want to buy at it?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coop said:

You’re a heck of a guy. Thanks for offering. 

Lol anytime!

I’m trying to think of a max $ on the drum sander. Gotta figure in 18% buying premium. To buy a new one it’s around $2350 all said and done. I don’t think I’ll end up with it as I’m not going to reach very far. So basically what’s it worth?

Well the auction ended today. Didn’t get much, everything seemed to go really high in my mind. Heck some of the clamps went for better than new money. The bigger tools I thought sold high as well. 

I ended up winning a couple shaper cutters and a kreg shelf hole jig that I can add to my existing one. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Found another couple auctions pop up in the last few weeks.  Did end up getting a few items at one.  Bad part is its in St. Paul MN about 3 hours from home.  Will be taking Friday off to head up to get the items. 

Big item was a line bore machine.

50.JPG

Picked it up for under $400 bid, throw the buyers premium on and tax and it was around $450.   It is a one trick pony and will take up more space than I like but with the cabinet build going on it will be super handy.  Also with this set of cabinets my wife is getting kinda anxious to have a new set for herself.  I will assume that our kitchen remodel will take place in the next couple years.

Also picked up a set of new bits for the line bore along with a couple routers, a drywall screw gun, a craftsman molding head for a tablesaw and a couple other small items.  Figured if I was going to make the trip I would grab some bargains. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kev said:

And, you could probably sell it when you're done making the cabinets and easily get your money back..  Good score!

Thanks! Well word has gotten out that I am building a set of cabinets and have been approached by 2 other people other than my wife about possibly building theirs as well. Not sure how I feel about building cabinets that often but if I do it might be nice to keep it around. But of course can always sell it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Thanks! Well word has gotten out that I am building a set of cabinets and have been approached by 2 other people other than my wife about possibly building theirs as well. Not sure how I feel about building cabinets that often but if I do it might be nice to keep it around. But of course can always sell it. 

I hate building the same thing twice...lol. Probably why I don't build cabinets..

46 minutes ago, Kev said:

I hate building the same thing twice...lol. Probably why I don't build cabinets..

Lol I am right there with ya. The nice thing about cabinets for me is that it funds quite a bit of equipment. 

• Like 1