Title of the document

My Office Desk, Finally

No metal drawer guides. They fit into a pocket which the drawer moves in an out also side to side. 

24 minutes ago, Coop said:

BW, is it the angle of the pic or did you make the drawer fronts the same width as the drawer, thus defeating the purpose of hiding your drawer guides? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Coop said:

BW, is it the angle of the pic or did you make the drawer fronts the same width as the drawer, thus defeating the purpose of hiding your drawer guides? 

dont look too closely at it ?

The drawer front will need to be remade haha ... 

Although for now, I did install it just to make sure everything fit right and all that ... so far so good, minus the brain fart on the front

Edited by Bushwacked

On 8/8/2020 at 7:44 PM, Tmize said:

The drawer side on my lil practice project I did few weeks had 1/4” sides. They was a lil flimsy but with a solid bottom cut very tight to the groove. It actually was very stiff surprisingly. With a 5/8” drawer frontimage.thumb.jpg.f58bea560d6a2fc79f52647faeb2e9bf.jpg

That’s a great looking drawer! 
maybe next time I’ll try half blind dovetails 

my jig can do that 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tmize said:

Sorry I got confused.  I thought you was asking about the pic I post directly above your post. My bad

I kind of thought so but wasn’t sure?.

BW, you hid them well but what kind of guides did you use. Metal, wood tongue and groove, ? 

3 minutes ago, Coop said:

I tried to edit my last post but it said I waited too long. What is the correct term for a drawer guide that has a groove cut in the drawer and it rides on a small rail attached to the case? 

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe that's just a wooden drawer guide.  It's not a glide but, a guide.

4 minutes ago, Kev said:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe that's just a wooden drawer guide.  It's not a glide but, a guide.

So shall it be known in the future. 

Now, a segue to my next question. I am building a night stand ( journal soon),  for a friend. It will have three 5” high x 21” w x 16” deep drawers. Is this too large to use the “wooden drawer guides”? They will probably only be used for undies and socks and probably a 9 mm. 

Would it be sac religious to use soft closing glides? 

BW, I apologize for the hj! I owe you a beer! 

1 minute ago, Coop said:

So shall it be known in the future. 

Now, a segue to my next question. I am building a night stand ( journal soon),  for a friend. It will have three 5” high x 21” w x 16” deep drawers. Is this too large to use the “wooden drawer guides”? They will probably only be used for undies and socks and probably a 9 mm. 

Would it be sac religious to use soft closing glides? 

BW, I apologize for the hj! I owe you a beer! 

Can go either way and be just fine..  Cool thing about custom furniture is that it has to fit the client, not a standard.

• Like 1