Title of the document

Table saw dust collection

Tmize

I have a rigid 4512 table saw. It’s a good saw for what I use it for. I have a 4” dust port on the bottom side under the body on the saw. It catches some of the sawdust. It does tend to shoot a bunch of dust back up on the table. I’ve tried different blade heights trying to see if catch more with not much luck. I’ve taken the ZC insert out an used the factory one. I’ve thought of sealing up around the the blade adjustment wheel for more suction.

The dust collector is only about 20’ away an only has two machines on it with blast gates on both. The collector works great on my bandsaw so I think it’s my table saw design that’s the issue. Any suggestions on how to help with the extra dust?  I know they make over arm to collect at the blade but they cost more than I paid for the saw. I’m not looking for perfection just a lil less clean up after a long sawing session. 

Unfortunately, I think the overarm is the best option. I have the same issue with my current PM and also with the previous grizzly saw 

I’m pretty sure that there are some DIY options out there that a quick YouTube search may show. 

• Like 1

Are you hooked up right at the saw with flex hose?  And I am just guessing here, but I wonder if you used something like PVC fittings to come out from under the saw, a sweeping 45 degree not a tight 45 and then hook up your flex.  On my system I used 2, 22 degree fittings with a 4 inch piece of pipe between them any time I needed a 45 and it gives a nice sweep.  This MIGHT give you better air flow leaving the saw because of the gradual bend and the smooth interior surface of the pipe.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

24 minutes ago, Chet said:

Are you hooked up right at the saw with flex hose?  And I am just guessing here, but I wonder if you used something like PVC fittings to come out from under the saw, a sweeping 45 degree not a tight 45 and then hook up your flex.  On my system I used 2, 22 degree fittings with a 4 inch piece of pipe between them any time I needed a 45 and it gives a nice sweep.  This MIGHT give you better air flow leaving the saw because of the gradual bend and the smooth interior surface of the pipe.

Your guess is correct I used about a 4’ piece of flex to connect to the saw. There isn’t much room under the saw to make the connection. I’ll measure how much room I have. Then next time I’m at the hardware store I’ll put together so pieces an see if it will work

I agree over arm would be best. For covering the openings a piece of 1/4 ply with some magnets for quick removal might do the trick. On my pm I have used a piece of paper with a magnet for the last month or so with the intention of going with the ply.