Title of the document

Classic roubo workbench

Tmize

Just now, Tmize said:

Oh yea greatest gift ever (except when they are fighting)?

Can’t argue that one! The no school and in home daycare has the girls spending way to much time with each other! Always just aggravating each other. 

Just now, Chet said:

The one I was thinking of was a guy named Tom Cancelleri

I remember that name. There was another from WTO that built his ash roubo I record time. Crap can’t remember his name from California 

Good news and bad news. I got the Benchcrafted plans today an they are a great set of drawings very detailed. Bad news the criss cross is backordered. I thought I would save some shipping an time ordering it from another vendor. Well got the email today it was backordered 2-3 weeks. The drawings show everything but the location of the 3/8 hole to attach the criss cross to the leg an chop. So hopefully I don’t get to that point before it arrives. 

22 minutes ago, Tmize said:

Good news and bad news. I got the Benchcrafted plans today an they are a great set of drawings very detailed. Bad news the criss cross is backordered. I thought I would save some shipping an time ordering it from another vendor. Well got the email today it was backordered 2-3 weeks. The drawings show everything but the location of the 3/8 hole to attach the criss cross to the leg an chop. So hopefully I don’t get to that point before it arrives. 

The location of that hole was in my plans, you might take another look..  From memory, it seemed a little out of place in the plans but, it was there.

With the plans, you can do all the work and install at the end if needed.

51 minutes ago, Tmize said:

I just looked again. It references it twice both have a note to see criss cross instructions for further details. It weird it gives me all the mortise info but not the pin

Again, I'm going from memory here..  Check towards the very end of the instruction packet..  I know it's in there...

If you go to Benchcrafted's website At the top they have a button for instructions.  They should have the information you are looking for.  It's all in pdf files so you can down load the pdf and print it out.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

I had a tough day face jointing an planing all the wood. Between the size an weight of all the pieces an the Alabama heat decided to show up now. I was slap worry out yesterday. Luckily now just need to straight line rip them an I’m off to making the top. 

1 hour ago, Kev said:

Yea, the milling portion of this project is brutal!  Even in my temperature controlled shop, it's brutal!  Good job!

Hopefully, they don't move too much on you!

My shop is temp controlled but I drag the planer outside to run it. 

9 hours ago, Tmize said:

I’ve always been lucky on the rough milling portion. It’s the long ripping off the larger boards that always gets me. You never know when the will bow or twist when cutting down to size ?

Know that feeling all to well! Best of luck that it doesn’t move on you at all!

• Like 1