Title of the document

Covid screen

Jamie

Got asked by our local county courthouse to make a frame for plexiglass. C39E105E-574F-43C0-8BB0-BBE28500B36E.thumb.jpeg.8b2bac0f221bc443ae427ed7b3360265.jpeg

Pretty quick and easy build. Used red oak for it as that is used throughout the building. Did try out the little hvlp that I got from harbor freight. Got it mostly for projects like this, easy to clean up and pretty easy to run. $30 is what I think I paid for it. Has a regulator on it and was easy to dial in. 

With no band saw in the shop cutting the curves with the m18 jigsaw was the route I took. That tool is insane! You would swear it has a cord. The power and cut speed is pretty amazing. Plus it has the control with the trigger that is very smooth. 

What do you guys think a fair price would be for this? They supplied the plexiglass. Had about 3 hours in the whole process.  I was thinking $150-$200. It was a rush order and don’t think there is any chance for future work from them. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

As I’m unable to edit a post, any way to put a logo, email or phone number on the customer side for future business? 

That’s a great idea. But it got picked up tonight. Don’t know if I want to turn this into a full on or even part time business. A little cash every now and then does help justify buying new tools tho. 

Right after this s#*t started, a hamburger joint around the corner needed some protection, such as the one you made. The owner and friend of the family contacted my brother that can do anything, to make him a plexiglass barrier between his window and the public. He’s probably cleared 20k in the last 2 months from referrals. 

• Like 1

Cost should be material plus labor (what ever your shop rate is) and add about 10% for consumables and overhead.  I've found that works well for not taking it in the shorts myself and still being very fair to the client.  I don't add any mark up on any material but, I do usually purchase 20% more material than the job calls for to account for defects. 

• Like 1