Title of the document

Harvey Compass RG-2 Review

So just watched the video, which was your usually quality, but I don’t see how this is a game changer compared to a normal feather board.  I agree there should be a way to secure to table and not just rely on the user to set up properly.  I don’t know the cost, but to me personally it would be a hard pass no matter the cost.  Why is it called compass anyways?

6 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

So just watched the video, which was your usually quality, but I don’t see how this is a game changer compared to a normal feather board.  I agree there should be a way to secure to table and not just rely on the user to set up properly.  I don’t know the cost, but to me personally it would be a hard pass no matter the cost.  Why is it called compass anyways?

Spot on!  That's what I was trying to say without being a jerk.  

I'd like to know how it works on the Harvey saw but, I was not impressed on my PM.  At that price point, it was a dissapointment.

No clue on the naming..

The only thing that comes my mind is maybe on a kick back the roller guide would cant in the miter slot which woulds maybe sort of jamb it in place.  But you would think that this would be something worth noting in their information.  Their sales pitch on this kind of reminds me of Woodpecker in the way they want to convince you that you NEED this when you really don't.  There are more affordable solutions out there for the average wallet.

I think they maybe developing "Compass" as their high end accessories brand.

• Like 2

“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”  John Wooden