Title of the document

Another Box

Kev

Was a little bored yesterday.  Not enough time before I leave to really start a major project so, decided to do another box.  I've got these down to about 1/2 day to make them.

Started off resawing some Tennessee black walnut left over from the cradle build so that I could book match the 2 halves.  This is what creates a continuous grain on all 4 sides.  A little left over 1/2" walnut ply for the top and bottom and African Mahogany for the splines.  All shop scrap and I have no idea what I'll do with it...  Finished with rattle can lacquer.

image.thumb.jpeg.700db5dd9d892bf98584a34c0d99750a.jpeg

• Like 3

Boxes are neat. We played my take on Let’s Make a Deal this year with the younger members of our family Christmas Day and I made 6 different boxes that contained some sort of prize. The “contestants got to keep the boxes as well as the prize. It went over well. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Coop said:

Boxes are neat. We played my take on Let’s Make a Deal this year with the younger members of our family Christmas Day and I made 6 different boxes that contained some sort of prize. The “contestants got to keep the boxes as well as the prize. It went over well. 

That's awesome, wish I'd of thought of that!