Title of the document

Jessem Stock Guides

If you guys aren't using these, I would highly recommend them!  I just finished shooting the review video and these are impressive!

image.thumb.jpeg.efb332e8a3cf0349e9066001c6945cb0.jpeg

I strayed from the manufacturer's recommended mounting method and used a removable method using 150# mag switch magnets.  

Quickly removable, quickly adjustable, and super easy to use!  There's a 5 degree angle on the wheels to pull the material into the fence so, no more struggling with large sheets to keep them tight to the fence!

I should have added this years ago!

• Like 2

I agree, they are great.  I have had mine for 5 years.  They don't work with narrow stock, and there are times that I have to really consider, (pre-plan) how I am going to use the push stick.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bob said:

I agree, they are great.  I have had mine for 5 years.  They don't work with narrow stock, and there are times that I have to really consider, (pre-plan) how I am going to use the push stick.  

Completely agree.  Are yours screwed to your fence or did you use the magnet method to attach them?

• Like 1

They were offered as an option to the Very Super Cool Tool fence (vsctools).  It is an aluminum fence, so Jessem made a bracket for that fence.  They are very easy to install and take off.  I liked these guides so much I bought their router table fence guides, and really like them as well.

DSC_0102.JPG.e0c73f38d785805f97dc07b6e75dda14.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG.940c1772a7fbd359a630db2a91ce8bf1.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG.13691bc3c874eb647c9a78594f15e2a7.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

They were offered as an option to the Very Super Cool Tool fence (vsctools).  It is an aluminum fence, so Jessem made a bracket for that fence.  They are very easy to install and take off.  I liked these guides so much I bought their router table fence guides, and really like them as well.

DSC_0102.JPG.e0c73f38d785805f97dc07b6e75dda14.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG.940c1772a7fbd359a630db2a91ce8bf1.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG.13691bc3c874eb647c9a78594f15e2a7.JPG

I added them to the router table as well, super cool product for sure!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Neat video Kev. I’ve heard of this setup but never really knew the benefit, much less seen them in use. I’ve often heard that you should never rip a piece that was much wider than its length. I guess this tool would make that a safer cut? 

10 hours ago, Coop said:

Neat video Kev. I’ve heard of this setup but never really knew the benefit, much less seen them in use. I’ve often heard that you should never rip a piece that was much wider than its length. I guess this tool would make that a safer cut? 

That's definitely a good rule of thumb but, we've all had times when we've done it.  Yes, it would make that particular cut safer but, those cuts in my shop are usually done with the panel sled.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I need to upgrade from my old school 9" Rockwell Table Saw that I got for $50 dollars before I start throwing hundreds of dollars at some stock guides, regardless of how cool Kev's video is and how much it makes me want to buy them right now.  I was really hopeful that the new SawStop would be good to go out of the box, but the fence issues have really got me wondering what my next table saw should be.  I'm hopeful to keep a small setup as it will fit in my garage better in the long run.  Oh well, Kev, just gotta say I really enjoyed the video!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, theduke said:

I feel like I need to upgrade from my old school 9" Rockwell Table Saw that I got for $50 dollars before I start throwing hundreds of dollars at some stock guides, regardless of how cool Kev's video is and how much it makes me want to buy them right now.  I was really hopeful that the new SawStop would be good to go out of the box, but the fence issues have really got me wondering what my next table saw should be.  I'm hopeful to keep a small setup as it will fit in my garage better in the long run.  Oh well, Kev, just gotta say I really enjoyed the video!

have not paid much attention to sawstop and fence issues ... mine was dead on out of the box. What kind of issues are people having?

4 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

have not paid much attention to sawstop and fence issues ... mine was dead on out of the box. What kind of issues are people having?

The new one that's a compact have fence deflection pretty badly so the larger the work piece the more likely it'll offset and not give you a proper cut.  On YouTube 731 Woodworks did a review of it and at the end it'll talk about it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, theduke said:

The new one that's a compact have fence deflection pretty badly so the larger the work piece the more likely it'll offset and not give you a proper cut.  On YouTube 731 Woodworks did a review of it and at the end it'll talk about it.

You might be able to add a magnet to the back side of the fence to lock it in better.  I've seen a few videos in the past where people do this to combat the deflection

11 hours ago, theduke said:

ooooh that one ... glad to hear it was that and not the pro/ind versions 

On 10/5/2022 at 5:21 AM, Kev said:

You might be able to add a magnet to the back side of the fence to lock it in better.  I've seen a few videos in the past where people do this to combat the deflection

Yeah, or you build it into an enclosure that doesn't allow the fence to deflect down since it's sitting on something.  Seen people do that pretty regularly too.  Since I'm in school and not just loaded with money, I'll keep my old 9" rockwell for a while longer and wait to see if they come out with some remedies I suppose 🙂

• Like 2

On 10/5/2022 at 6:21 AM, Kev said:

That sucks that you would even have to think about doing something as archaic to a machine like this. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coop said:

That sucks that you would even have to think about doing something as archaic to a machine like this. 

Agreed.  Unfortunately many of these saws come with a less than desirable fence.

10 hours ago, theduke said:

Yeah, or you build it into an enclosure that doesn't allow the fence to deflect down since it's sitting on something.  Seen people do that pretty regularly too.  Since I'm in school and not just loaded with money, I'll keep my old 9" rockwell for a while longer and wait to see if they come out with some remedies I suppose 🙂

Fortunately, the magnets are not terribly expensive but, they also don't just give them away.