Title of the document

The Trouble with Trivets

Chet

I am not a Star Trek fan but couldn't resist a reference to a very early episode of the TV show. (The Trouble with Tribbles)

I took the opportunity to really clean out my scrap bin.  Most of the pieces I used for these were to small to do bigger things like cutting boards.

I ended up making 12 and they are mostly around 9 inches square but vary and they are just over 3/4 inches thick.  I just finished them with one coat of Mineral Oil.  They could be used as trivets or even cheese boards.

I don't usually mass produce Christmas presents but that is what they may end up getting used for.   But I have a nurse that lives a cross the street and given the efforts here recently that nurses and doctors and other caregivers  have been putting in,  I have been thinking about just taking them to her when the dust settles and telling her to share them with her co-workers as a meager form of thanks.

IMG_1937.thumb.jpg.9324b9971f61672821009e3d054c2e7f.jpg 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus