Title of the document

Cyclone Bags

Keggers

Hello all! It's been a while. Life has sort of gotten in the way of my participation.

Anyway.....I need to buy some dust collector bags (liners) for my 55gal cyclone. I'm looking for a less expensive place to buy instead of Grizzly. Their bags are around $10 each plus shipping. Certainly someone sells quality bags for less money. I'm hoping someone has found a better source. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kent

33 minutes ago, Keggers said:

Thank you! I went to their website and it appears you have to buy a whole carton. I don't think I'll be needing that many.

ah ... ya I think the pack I got was like 50 of them, been like 3 years now and still have not gone through all of them haha 

44 minutes ago, Coop said:

Thanks, Ken. I saw those when I googled for bags. We have a harbor freight here so I might drop in and see if I can find them. The only concern is they are sold by harbor freight. Still, they are a lot cheaper than Grizzly.

Would the contractor bags they sell at big box stores be heavy duty enough?  I dont use a bag in my dust collector drum, but do use them in my trash can and they seem pretty tough.

https://www.menards.com/main/grocery-home/housewares/household-essentials/trash-bags/iron-hold-reg-55-gallon-wing-tie-contractor-trash-bags-15-count/1459275/p-1444425135664-c-7131.htm?tid=-5058079620555679870&ipos=2 

9 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Would the contractor bags they sell at big box stores be heavy duty enough?  I dont use a bag in my dust collector drum, but do use them in my trash can and they seem pretty tough.

https://www.menards.com/main/grocery-home/housewares/household-essentials/trash-bags/iron-hold-reg-55-gallon-wing-tie-contractor-trash-bags-15-count/1459275/p-1444425135664-c-7131.htm?tid=-5058079620555679870&ipos=2 

I used these on my old Grizzly and they worked fine..

4 hours ago, Jamie said:

Those might work. I'll have to check the dimensions. The volume is correct so long as they are wide enough at the mouth to slip over the collector barrel. Thank you!

4 hours ago, Kev said:

I used these on my old Grizzly and they worked fine..

Kev, did  you have a 55gal dust collector drum on your Grizzly?

Edited by Keggers

3 hours ago, Keggers said:

Those might work. I'll have to check the dimensions. The volume is correct so long as they are wide enough at the mouth to slip over the collector barrel. Thank you!

No, I only ran the bags on my Grizz..  I'll be honest, I hated the bags!  If I had that machine again, I would try to find a way to covert it to a can .

3 hours ago, Keggers said:

I have a 55 gal drum and can try it out for ya