Title of the document

Serving Trays

Coop

Did the glue up, planed the board and squared the ends, measured out from the fence for the sides, then dropped down onto the stack with stop blocks on both ends of the fence. I flipped the board 180* and repeated.  I moved the fence over 1/2” and repeated the process until the entire area was excavated. Again, not my idea so I don’t take credit for anything except the butt pucker on the first thru the last plunge of the first board. The second board, the hardest part was removing the burn marks on the plunge ends. After the waste removal, I shaped the ends on the band saw with refinement on the oscillating sander, then to the ts with a regular blade tilted with the board on end, to gain the finger/handle lift. 

1 hour ago, Coop said:

Did the glue up, planed the board and squared the ends, measured out from the fence for the sides, then dropped down onto the stack with stop blocks on both ends of the fence. I flipped the board 180* and repeated.  I moved the fence over 1/2” and repeated the process until the entire area was excavated. Again, not my idea so I don’t take credit for anything except the butt pucker on the first thru the last plunge of the first board. The second board, the hardest part was removing the burn marks on the plunge ends. After the waste removal, I shaped the ends on the band saw with refinement on the oscillating sander, then to the ts with a regular blade tilted with the board on end, to gain the finger/handle lift. 

I'm sure that was a butt pucker!  Nicely done!

• Like 1