Title of the document

Small Book Shelves

Kev

6 minutes ago, Coop said:

That WAS a long day but productive. Nice job! 

I’m sure there is more ways to round the end of a board than ways to skin a cat. Band saw followed with the oscillating sander? 

Bandsaw and disc sander.  I made a template so, could have template routed as well. They were just a little small for that so, I only used the template to mark them out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coop said:

Did you ever decide on the hangers for these? 

Well crap!  I should have posted that a few posts earlier, was a long day!

Yes, I went with the more expensive but easier hardware.  I had to make a small rabbet on the back shelf to accept them.  This is what I used..

https://www.amazon.com/LEOPO-Invisible-Triangular-Brackets-Minimalistic/dp/B09P66NJ2B?pd_rd_w=RYJuH&pf_rd_p=e19298cc-53cc-437e-954a-a37f25383b20&pf_rd_r=3KGQXM91M5XMN6ZPV26S&pd_rd_r=512f6f14-1c99-4a42-954d-bb4404fc304c&pd_rd_wg=4hkDU&pd_rd_i=B09P66NJ2B&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_i

• Like 2

Don’t feel bad. I had to sit here for more than a few moments to figure out how you were to mount them to the wall with the shelf covering the holes. Mount the brackets to the wall first, dummy! And my day was relatively easy.😀

Nice choice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coop said:

Don’t feel bad. I had to sit here for more than a few moments to figure out how you were to mount them to the wall with the shelf covering the holes. Mount the brackets to the wall first, dummy! And my day was relatively easy.😀

Nice choice.

I'll be honest, taking the trash out was about all I did today!  Will probably get going on the quilt rack tomorrow..  Should be a quick and simple build and I think I have everything on hand to do it..

11 minutes ago, Coop said:

i guess you have to drive to carry the furniture. Didn’t think till after I asked. Probably a pretty drive? 

There's a lot of it that's pretty but, there's a stretch in Eastern WA that is my least favorite road to cross in this entire country!  About 3 hours of the trip that's about like driving across Kansas.. 😉

4 minutes ago, Kev said:

There's a lot of it that's pretty but, there's a stretch in Eastern WA that is my least favorite road to cross in this entire country!  About 3 hours of the trip that's about like driving across Kansas.. 😉

That sounds like my drives from college back home.  Once you have seen 6 hours of cornfields, you learn it’s a better drive at night.

3 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

That sounds like my drives from college back home.  Once you have seen 6 hours of cornfields, you learn it’s a better drive at night.

These are wheat fields, hay fields, and wind farms but the concept is the same.  A couple years ago, I drove across Kansas and hit a go bank where visibility was about 1/8 of a mile..  I told everyone that was the best Kansas ever looked 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Those are a nice quick project!  Nicely executed!  I was very surprised to see you using the disc sander with no DC.

I should have hooked it up!  If fits a Festool hose really well so, no real reason to not do it..