Title of the document

Charles Neil Passing

Thread transferred from previous forum - Original Post by Woodenskye

Original Post:

Forgot to post this earlier.  Over the weekend Charles Neil passed away.  Those of you that don't know him he was 1 of the earliest people to do WW videos on VHS/DVD and then on YouTube.  I have met or talked to a few pro WW, and Charles was a stand up guy and willing to share his knowledge.

When I first started I was on a forum and asked him a question since he was a member, a few people made some rude comments towards me.  Well Charles reached out to me and we went through my questions and he provide me 90 day access to his premium site, didn't have to, but this showed me what a good guy he was. 

Follow Up Posts:

1)  I saw that he passed but, always enjoyed his videos and teaching.  Sad loss for the woodworking community for sure but, more so for his family.  He was a good person who really seemed to care about people.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, khartles said:

I used to live near him and followed all of his detailed videos.  I loved his food coloring technique for sanding, and how to use bondo to create custom sanding blocks.

He definitely did some unique stuff that was pretty cool!

Welcome to the forums!