Title of the document

Charcuterie Board

Bushwacked

16 hours ago, Coop said:

I like it! You’ve given me ideas. If you could make changes, where would they be? 

so overall, I like the way it came out ... the bottom is annoying with the gaps, but I guess you dont really see it all that much so I can get past that. The height of the edges I think actually are a perfect height, 2" on those, with the 1/2" bottom. Still real light weight ... but I did use alder, so weights may vary with some other woods.

- the glue up .. I would look for a better way to go about that. The struggle was real with that one haha. Not sure if there is one?? But I would be up for trying something else, it was messy and was probably red lining the working time of the glue.

- I would more than likely also go with Kev's idea of the donut model to make it a perfect circle on at least the inside (ties in with the hatred of the gaps) Plus this would alleviate all the glue that I apparently missed cleaning up on the inside that was an absolute nightmare to hand sand off.

- Cutting out the pieces, I would make sure the sacrificial fence was on both sides of the blade. A couple people had some tear out and when glued together those spots look kinda goofy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

- the glue up .. I would look for a better way to go about that. The struggle was real with that one haha. Not sure if there is one?? But I would be up for trying something else, it was messy and was probably red lining the working time of the glue.

This would have been a perfect spot to just use weight instead of clamps.  5 gallon bucket of paint or water probably would have done the trick nicely.

Sanded with a 2000 grit foam pad to just get the nibs off after spraying it … then applied my BB conditioner and this one’s a wrap! Learned a good deal on this one haha. 

5D4BF966-9939-4681-A65F-F0C4F6ACF4EA.thumb.jpeg.9d589afcd7c2b518e5b6a2d3f32a6877.jpeg

9B4E2ABE-ED79-47D4-92F3-BE29C3107BE5.thumb.jpeg.3dd739ca5f1afa279d6cc8fdca72b216.jpeg

came out way better than I thought it would a few times after some issues but if I ever have to make another one it shouldn’t be as bad haha

thanks for the help through this one guys!! 

• Like 5

On 2/12/2022 at 9:22 PM, Kev said:

This would have been a perfect spot to just use weight instead of clamps.  5 gallon bucket of paint or water probably would have done the trick nicely.

I bet he meant the outside ring pieces. 

What was the original thickness of your board for the outside pieces? 

How did you cut the bottom?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Coop said:

Thanks. The reason for asking, I’d like to try and make one and using a router, make it completely round. How thick do you think the sides should be after routing? 

mine are 3/4" with 20"D base and seems about right ... I think anything thinner might look "off" ?? If you were just a little under 3/4 I think it would be fine but not much.

If you were making a smaller one, I think you could get away with 1/2" 

That's just my thoughts lol

• Like 1