Title of the document

Shop Efficiency

Kev

Really neat video Kev. All good points but the white board and the sticky notes sure hit home. As did the clips for the drawings on your cabinet doors. Obviously all of us don’t have the room that you have but small things such as these, and different ones for others, will certainly help in our efficiencies. Also, I will add more tape measures to the existing ones. You would think they would be easier to spot, colored yellow, but they do tend to disappear like the numerous pencils. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coop said:

Really neat video Kev. All good points but the white board and the sticky notes sure hit home. As did the clips for the drawings on your cabinet doors. Obviously all of us don’t have the room that you have but small things such as these, and different ones for others, will certainly help in our efficiencies. Also, I will add more tape measures to the existing ones. You would think they would be easier to spot, colored yellow, but they do tend to disappear like the numerous pencils. Thanks again. 

Yea, that was kind of the point I was going for in this video..  It's not about how much money you can spend, it's more about the little things that just save steps in the shop that really improve shop efficiency.

I thought it was kind of cool today, I got a not from a guy that's more of an auto mechanic and told me he got a lot of really cool tips from watching this woodworking shop video..  I thought that was pretty cool!

• Like 1

what kind of clips are the ones you attached to your doors to hand the drawings? Those look real nice and are not the longer rectangle ones!

I also went the route of more tape measures ... I bought 6 for my garage. Basically 1 at each main space/tool so I had one close. It has been great for quickly finding measurements instead of spending 5-10 mins looking around for one haha.

2 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

what kind of clips are the ones you attached to your doors to hand the drawings? Those look real nice and are not the longer rectangle ones!

I also went the route of more tape measures ... I bought 6 for my garage. Basically 1 at each main space/tool so I had one close. It has been great for quickly finding measurements instead of spending 5-10 mins looking around for one haha.

Those are magnetic binder clips.  I'm not sure of their exact name but, I used blue tape and CA glue to hold them on the cabinet.  I think I snagged them from a plant I was in that was tossing out a refrigerator.  They were stuck to the door of the refrigerator and I snagged them..  Sorry I couldn't be more help on where to pick some up..

• Like 1

These look like the ones I'm using..  

Please note this is not an affiliate link so, you'll have to click through my affiliate page if you want to help me out..  They're not expensive..

https://www.amazon.com/Grwanpen-Magnetic-Stainless-Decoration-Displays/dp/B08TBP6P5B/ref=sr_1_17?crid=2XKE5NO8HJG9E&keywords=magnet%2BBinder%2Bclips&qid=1642766923&sprefix=magnet%2Bbinder%2Bclips%2Caps%2C77&sr=8-17&th=1

• Like 1