Title of the document

Blue Tape

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by Coop

This may not be an accurate statement as I really don’t know how long I’ve had this roll but, my Scotch blue tape sure doesn’t have the holding power as 3M. It sticks to itself very well but sure doesn’t hold that well to bare wood. Anyone else have that problem? 

Follow up posts

1) Yes Coop, but I always forget which brand is the better choice when at the store, then I curse myself with every use.

2) 3M has my vote. And you would think with today’s technology, that when you tear a piece off, an indicator arrow would appear telling you which direction you left off!

3) 3M is my vote as well. Messing with tape is on my list of things I hate

4) I'm not even sure what I have in the shop to be honest.. Just whatever was on the shelf at the big box store when I was out. However, I've never had any issues with it. Curious what you're doing with it that you really notice the difference? It's also possible I have the "good" stuff so, don't understand the "bad" stuff..

5) I was banding some 3/4” ply with some hardwood and was attempting to hold the strips in place while measuring for the next piece. The Scotch is called Edgelock and was perhaps made for it’s original intent of providing for a painter’s edge and not for holding two pieces of wood together.

6) I use green frog for most everything of importance generally. There is a true difference when it comes to blue tape

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus