Title of the document

Changing Table

Kev

4 minutes ago, Coop said:

I have used this for several years, coupled with a spiral upcut bit and Rockler’s  precision brass set up bars for several years with great results. Set it up with two test pieces of the exact same height and it will cut both pieces.

https://www.rockler.com/router-table-box-joint-jig

This is a bit more than a box joint as those fingers are 1 1/2" each..  

I'll be the first to admit that I need a box joint sled and might have to give that one a look..

This jig kit will produce 1/4”, 3/8” and 1/2” joints. As I bought it initially for small boxes, I only have the 1/4” & 3/8” bits. On larger pieces, I use the 3/8” which gives me a considerable amount of glue surface and the spiral bits give an incredibly smooth cut. 

1 minute ago, Coop said:

This jig kit will produce 1/4”, 3/8” and 1/2” joints. As I bought it initially for small boxes, I only have the 1/4” & 3/8” bits. On larger pieces, I use the 3/8” which gives me a considerable amount of glue surface and the spiral bits give an incredibly smooth cut. 

I'd of been quite a while trying to hog out an inch and a half at the router table..  I also made them a bit deeper at 7/8" for the small reveal.

Just now, Coop said:

Just thought I would offer a different direction with more glue surface with a 3/8” finger than a 1.5” finger. 

I was going for the more G&G large finger look on this one but, I like box joints..  Plus these are all reinforced with screws behind the plugs.

Got an early start this morning making the hold down clips for the top..  I've used figure 8s in most of my projects so wanted to do something different this time..

I will be using the Domino to cut the mortises in the rails.  I upsized the bit from 8 to 10 to give these clips a little more beef..

IMG_1501.thumb.jpeg.1f1f2bd73cf2683220b815a52cae7832.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

I can see grandma adding some quilting embellishments to this! Well done bud! 

Absolutely no doubt in my mind..

I think it will be a nice height for a long term dresser..  The drawers are a really good size and the height is nice to fit below a wall mount TV or whatever they're watching on the wall when this one's a teenager..

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

Oh damn! I can see your wife having a 24/7 boarding pass! 

lol..  She hasn't missed her trips since we moved..  It's all good..  It's actually not a bad drive unless it's this time of year with 3 mountain passes to go over...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...