Title of the document

More Casket

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by RichardA

Some of you may know that Ken Cooper  "Coop" flew up to Tennessee and spent a couple of days working on a cross inlay for my wife's final gift.  Here's a couple of shot's of the finished inlay.

DSC02222.JPG

DSC02220.JPG

DSC02221.JPG
Follow up posts

1) That turned out awesome! Very nice work to the both of you!

2) It is beautiful for sure.

3) Wow! That is an incredible addition.

4) Yup, Coop knocked it outa the park.

5) You’re too kind. As Rick already had the cross, we/ I was unable to use the bushing guide from Rockler. So I hogged out as much as possible width and depth wise with the router. Prior to, I outlined the cross with a marking knife and got close with the router in three passes. From there is was chipping away with Rick’s extremely sharp chisels. How he covered up my mistakes, I have no idea. Regardless, it was an honor to participate.

6) Rick, that curly cherry looks good and so does the sassafras.

7) Thanks to you my friend.

8) And Linda loves it “shiney”! Such a wonderful lady!

9) If you guys will, say a little prayer for Linda and Rick as it looks like this might be her resting place sooner than they thought. Thanks

10) Prayers on the way.

11) My heart breaks! So many prayers for you and your family!

12) I will definitely say some prayers. It is always tough to hear news like this.  Rick and Linda have had more then they're share of challenges. 

13) My wonderful wife, left for heaven at midnight the 18th/19th. If it wasn't for her, you guys might have read about me in bad newspaper coverage. 21 wonderful years.

14) If you need anything Rick, just shout! We're here for you.

15) Rick, my sincere condolences for your loss. Remember all the good times you and Linda had together.

16) I’m fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet her. Beautiful lady, inside and out. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Rick.

17) I'm so sorry for your loss,Rick. You will continue to be in my prayers.

18) Thank's guys. I'd like to show you the finished product, that was finished yesterday. How fitting. But I don't know how to do it without starting a new thread. The casket was made from Sassafras with the carved and inlayed top of curly Cherry.  Well, I'll be damned.  It showed me how.  The third pic is plane shavings, mostly Sassafras, scattered around the inside edge, so Linda will have a wonderful scent all the way to heaven.

DSC02277.JPGDSC02281.JPGDSC02284.JPG

19) My prayers go out to you my friend and may you have peace in knowing Linda is whole again and without pain.

20) You guys are one hell of a bunch of good folks, I'm not sure what I'd do without all your kind words..

21) This may sound odd, considering relationships nowadays, But I can count on one hand the bad times we had over 21 years, and they were not serious enough for us to go to bed without a kiss.  Damn sure strange for me, but it was easy to get use to.

22) Checking up on you Rick.. Knowing this is a rough time for you, how are you doing?

23) I'm doing, but it's tough.

24) Haven't heard from you over here in a while.. Doing ok bud?

25)  I haven't been avoiding, truly. There's a ton of stuff that happens when you go from three incomes to one, that need dealing with.  It's slow, but things are starting to look a little better.  Your invite is still open, if you get near here.  I may have a side job coming up.  There's no guarantee yet.  But I't come, because of the casket build I did for Linda.  Get them fingers crossed, and Chet, don't cross your ankles.

25 Closest I'm going to get this year is New Orleans..

26) He doesn’t pay worth a flip but his beer is cold and his beans, sausage and rice are better 

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus