Title of the document

Catch All Bowl

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by Kev

Only bowl I was really interested in today ;)

Cherry catch all bowl.. Table saw might be down but, the lathe still works!

IMG_0160.jpg

Follow up posts

1) Nice job Kev! You video this?

2) I didn't..  Just killing some time between shovelings in the shop today..  It started off as a pieces of scrap 10/4 cherry left over from the bed build.

3) So what is the diameter and depth of this?  Finish you used?  Inquiring mind wants to know.

4) lol..  Diameter is about 10" and it's about 2" deep.  Because I used a screw plate on the bottom, I needed to be mindful of the screw depth and checked it often.  I probably could have gotten a little deeper but, it was time to shovel again 

Finish is 3 coats of ARS and then. burnished out with shavings after the final coat cured..

5) I should also note that this off cut was from the end of the board that I had so, I had to deal with some checking that was there. In hindsight, I wish I would have cut it out of the middle of the board that I had to eliminate that issue.

6) Shoveling? You trying to get your garden ready too?

7) lol..  We got about 8" of snow..  It's just easier to stay on top of it..

New saw gets delivered Wednesday..  We may get a little more snow tonight but, I'll be a bit ahead of the game in ensuring the delivery truck can get to the shop!

8) What’s better than a new professional shop than a new ts to go in it. Happy for ya bud!

9) Kev's driveway will be the cleanest place in Montana on Wednesday.  I would be surprised if I don't see a tent set up on the porch Tuesday night! 

10) Tent's already in place 

Problem with removing all the snow is that it get's just warm enough in the sun to melt some of it and then it becomes ice..  Right now, I think If I were the driver, I would refuse delivery to the shop as there's a little slope in that drive way that could shift the truck into deeper snow..  We'll see how brave the driver is!

I have a back up plan though..  The driver can deliver to my garage and then I'll put it on my trailer and deliver to the shop..  Shipping order says it weighs about 700 pounds and is in 2 boxes..

11) Tape some 20's to a cutting board for the driver. 

12) Not a bad idea..  Even did the milling for a couple cutting boards that I need to do but, couldn't cut them into strips as I didn't have a table saw...lol. Just too painful a process to cut them all at the band saw and then mill flat..

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus