Title of the document

Tool Storage

Chet

Submitted the old forum by Chet

Getting the new jig saw prompted me to want to build something storage wise so I can have it out and ready to use.  So today I set out to build something to hold my drill, a driver and the saw.  Its made out of birch ply and trimmed out with some cherry I dug out of the burn bucket.  It also has three small drawers for who knows what.  Tomorrow I will see what finishes I have and needs to be used up. The storage area for the saw has a slot down the center of the shelf so that I can slide it in without removing the blade.

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

Follow up posts

1) Small and compact, I like it! I like the mitered corners!

Almost looks like it needs a handle on the top so you can carry it with you.

2) Really cool build Chet! I definately need to do something similiar.

3) Nice job Chet! Those small drawers should hold saw bits and jigsaw blades.

4) 

Funny story... I had to get creative building the drawers. They are just some 1/4 ply. But when I went to cut the miters for the trim on the table saw I adjusted the fence to 45 on my table saw sled and inadvertently left a corner of the fence hanging of the blade side of the fence. It made contact with the blade and fired the brake. I have heard of guys doing this and I new I had to slide the fence over, I just messed up. So now I need a new brake and new cross cut blade.  

So I used the bandsaw, router table, drum sander and spindle sander to make the drawers instead of doing everything on the table saw.

5) I seem to remember coming close to that when I was there..  Difference would have been that it would have been my fault...lol

6) That’s a bitch! Must be a SawStop thingy? Glad you could re-coup.

7) Nobody can re-coop 

? One last picture.  Here it is in its final location, unless move it somewhere else someday. I sprayed three coats of blonde shellac, mainly because it needed to be used and it drys fast so I got three coats on in about an hour and a half.  I have to be honest, I didn't make any effort to patch/hide/fix the brad nail holes on the trim, its just a box in the shop and at this point it wasn't a skill I felt the need to work on. 

IMG_1385.jpg

9) Love it! That works so awesome in your shop! Having been there, I know exactly where that's sitting and how it works in your flow! Pure awesome!

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus