Title of the document

Please don't bring this up at WTO

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by RichardA

A few members over there and here know of this project, and I'd prefer it not be brought into the open.  Coop knows about this and is coming here this week to help me put the finishing touch on this very emotional project.  My wife is dying and most of the Doctors involved believe she'll be lucky to reach 6 months, and the starting gun went off in the middle of July. That means Christmas or the New Year.   I've given my life to this woman, and she's rock solid.  And the only gift I have left for her is this.

Attachments:

DSC02156.JPG

DSC02183.JPG

DSC02200.JPG

Follow up posts

1) Rick, I can’t believe you’d let me come near this with a router that’s plugged in. Gonna be some shaky hands for sure. Thanks for the confidence.

2) Definitely has to be an emotional project but it is coming out beautifully Rick.

3) Rick, in what must be one of the most emotional times in your life, all I can say is what a beautiful tribute to the woman you love!

4) Truly awesome piece and for absolutely all the right reasons!

I was asked a couple years ago to build the memorial box for my nephew who was only an infant when he passed and it was the hardest project I've ever worked! I can't even fathom your thoughts and emotions working on this each time you go to the shop!  

Your family shall remain in my thoughts and prayers and if there's anything at all I can do, don't hesitate to drop me a line!

5) Coop flew up to Tennessee to add an inlay in a panel that's part of the casket I'm building for my wife. He done good. It's just a matter of some sanding and the finish, and I'll be nearly done with the bulk of this project. One of the questions asked about how I feel as I build this can be answered kinda easy. Though my wife isn't using it yet, I spend much time leaning over the casket and talking to her. There are more salty wet spots on the interior of this thing then when it rains. This has to be the hardest thing I've ever done, and at the same time the easiest thing I've ever done. This woman has held my heart for more than 20 years, There's not one thing I wouldn't do for her, not one.

6) That's true love brother!!!

7) For the record.. I hope you know that if it was possible, we would all be there to assist you with whatever you needed!

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus