Title of the document

Bushwacked Garage Reno Complete in 2020 sometime ... Hopeful

Chet

"Bushwacked Garage Reno Complete in 2020 sometime ... Hopeful"

Hey Drew,

Twenty Seven days to finish the shop reno or you need to start thinking about a new title for this thread. ?

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

finished up the first round of this build .. it rolls good and is heavy like I was hoping. 

1252734618_PhotoDec0430008PM.thumb.jpg.0025f2841862eb2dec8607a734de9bd9.jpg

Next I need to build the moxon vise so I know how much room it is going to take up and then onto the drawers to finish off the interior.

I do have to say ... I absolutely despise my Rolair air hose! I either need to find a new one or find a compact hose reel I can mount. Here is my hose after pulling out like 10 feet to work with.

2043085224_PhotoDec0425252PM.thumb.jpg.4f9407fa90d964cd63946749bd2b7d3e.jpg

• Like 2

I have this hose and reel.  Goodyear Hose and Reel

I have replaced my hose a couple of times because of wear.  This is the third one I have had and is by far the best one I have owned.  It is very light but durable and pliable.  And so far it seems to be holding up better then the ones in the past.

The reel is nice but nothing that makes you go "Wow".  It does what you need it to do but the reason I got this one as apposed to their other one is this is inclosed so you don't end up with dust on the hose and inner workings of the reel.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

12 hours ago, Chet said:

I have this hose and reel.  Goodyear Hose and Reel

I have replaced my hose a couple of times because of wear.  This is the third one I have had and is by far the best one I have owned.  It is very light but durable and pliable.  And so far it seems to be holding up better then the ones in the past.

The reel is nice but nothing that makes you go "Wow".  It does what you need it to do but the reason I got this one as apposed to their other one is this is inclosed so you don't end up with dust on the hose and inner workings of the reel.

My goodness. I had no idea these were so expensive until I started looking at them after you sent your link haha. 

4 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

I had no idea these were so expensive

In my opinion they are worth it.  It is a really nice hose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

not saying it isnt ,,, just never actually looked at them and the pricing haha 

The girls got me one off amazon for Father’s Day. Have had no issues with it. 

74E18E61-6A2E-40DA-9812-CA1FA03B1948.thumb.png.3be5b5c891c9aeec92fa774020bc65af.png

I had same issue as you. Hose laying on the floor and tripping over it. Not an issue anymore ?

Edited by Jamie
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

HAH! yall just thought this was dead and done 😛

Switching around the layout a tad to see how it goes. This was current setup ... 

3.thumb.jpg.a465de0954dd85730478b175c834615d.jpg

Here is the switch ... 

1.thumb.jpg.51f7a108d3db317daf9ba71dbaa8516e.jpg

I have 5' behind the TS of space before hitting the cabinets ... this should get me through like 95% of my cuts, and if I need to cut longer I will just turn it back to where it was for those. 

Mainly, it lets me cut with the garage door down. I dont have to stand in the sun after noon to cut as well. and the 3rd thing the dust collection run is easier to hook up and doesnt require me crawling through the outfeed table to attached it.

The other thing ... what have yall used or seen used to cover up wires running on the floor? I was thinking one of those rubber covers ?? not sure what would work best here ... This is the TS power cord

2.thumb.jpg.1cd79a380054589360be4b977271ebb1.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

what have yall used or seen used to cover up wires running on the floor?

I use these in one spot for cords in my shop everything else is out of the way.  I have two pretty heavy duty cords under them,  I think I could get three if needed.  I ordered them from Uline.  I have two of the smaller ones, 36"X5"X1".  They are designed to interlock end to end.

https://www.uline.com/BL_2869/Pedestrian-Cable-Protectors

My Tablesaw sits the same as your but with a little less then 5 Ft. behind me and it works well.  My Jointer sits behind me when I am at the saw so if it is something like a 5 X 5 sheet of ply I just rest it up over the jointers pork chop for the firs few inches.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chet said:

I use these in one spot for cords in my shop everything else is out of the way.  I have two pretty heavy duty cords under them,  I think I could get three if needed.  I ordered them from Uline.  I have two of the smaller ones, 36"X5"X1".  They are designed to interlock end to end.

https://www.uline.com/BL_2869/Pedestrian-Cable-Protectors

My Tablesaw sits the same as your but with a little less then 5 Ft. behind me and it works well.  My Jointer sits behind me when I am at the saw so if it is something like a 5 X 5 sheet of ply I just rest it up over the jointers pork chop for the firs few inches.

How well do those stay down and now slide around? Is there rubber feet or something like that to keep them in their spot or what?

No, they can slide some if you kick them or something like that.   But with them being Yellow (I see now they went to Orange)  you see them out of the corner of you eye.  They have some weight to them but not so much that they stay put when kicked.  But if they do slide the cord stays under and even with the fact that they can slide I still like that better then catching a cord with my toe and going down.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jamie said:

Is there a way you can get the power from overhead? 

I ran a custom made heavy duty extension cord along my over head ducting for my DC to the right side of my table saw to power my DC which sits just to the right of my table saw.  I just used zip ties every so often to hold it in place.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I ran a custom made heavy duty extension cord along my over head ducting for my DC to the right side of my table saw to power my DC which sits just to the right of my table saw.  I just used zip ties every so often to hold it in place.  

I did this with my planer as well.

3 hours ago, Chet said:

Hmmmm, this might be the approach I need to take ... if this step doesnt work out. Not sure on final position of it, we shall see how annoying it is jointing or not. From this angle the outfeed of the jointer is closest to us. 

1.thumb.jpg.800f21192fc9711aab47091b73c58346.jpg

Also finished my new clamp rack area ... feels so much more roomier over there now without the bulky box type. It was J kats' new setup which looked great, so felt I should try it and like it a lot. All the clamps up there and can easily move them around and reorg if needed.

1.thumb.jpg.1a6076df0f7ec3896252a96358e358f9.jpg

Edited by Bushwacked
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Chet said:

+1

9 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

Hmmmm, this might be the approach I need to take ... if this step doesnt work out. Not sure on final position of it, we shall see how annoying it is jointing or not. From this angle the outfeed of the jointer is closest to us. 

1.thumb.jpg.1a6076df0f7ec3896252a96358e358f9.jpg

Now that turned out really nice!  Great job!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jamie said:

Now that turned out really nice!  Great job!

Thanks! 

Well finished up my computer area and bit drawer today ... 1.thumb.jpg.eb1443771a6cc48f4167934ba34f9644.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.53308d065abf12849a97fb3503d240df.jpg

everything has a nice spot to live in instead of just thrown in there.

This should be one of the final projects for a bit in the shop, until I go after some door on the upper miter saw cabinets sometime. Also have 2 temporary cabinets in the middle of the miter saw cabinets. Trying to see how I like having things there and what actually works there. I will try to remember to grab a pic tomorrow of those. Then once I get a better idea of what should live at that level I will make nicer non scrap wood ones with the final designs ...

• Like 5